Author Topic: University of Minnesota ‘evaluating’ program that bans white students after discrimination complaint  (Read 311 times)

Offline Kamaji

University of Minnesota ‘evaluating’ program that bans white students after discrimination complaint

By Jesse O’Neill
May 22, 2023

The University of Minnesota is re-evaluating its controversial summer internship program that excludes white students, the school said Monday — after an Ivy League professor filed a discrimination complaint.

The current program is intended “to prepare students of color and Native Americans for graduate school” and comes with a $6,000 stipend for them, according to university literature.

It is also illegal, according to Cornell University security law Professor William Jacobson, whose conservative nonprofit advocacy group, The Equal Protection Project of the Legal Insurrection Foundation, filed a complaint with the federal Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights on Friday.

“There is an increasing trend where people think it’s OK to discriminate on the basis of race as long as the discrimination is against whites or Asians or others, and we don’t accept that,” Jacobson, 64, told The Post.

The prof said the publicly funded University of Minnesota has no legal right to implement “regressive” policies that he says are “undoing civil-rights progress” and taking the US “back to the 1940s and 1950s.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/22/university-re-evaluating-program-that-bans-white-students/

Offline Kamaji

Any rational "evaluation" should take all of about 30 seconds:  "Does it discriminate against some students on the basis of skin color?  Yes.  Then it should be disbanded because it is a violation of the Constitution and federal and state law."

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"It is also illegal, according to Cornell University security law Professor William Jacobson..."

Whoa, wait a minute...
A Cornell professor who's NOT an ultra-leftist ??
Amazin'...!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

How white were they talking about? 

Did they use a color reverse-racism palette to decide the cut-off?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.