State Chapters > State Politics/Government

WA official ‘glad’ to support sex offender on homelessness board in heated meeting

(1/1)

Kamaji:
Washington official ‘glad’ to support sex offender on homelessness board in heated meeting

By Alec Gearty
May 18, 2023

A Washington official blew up at a fellow board member, who objected to a sex offender joining their committee, saying she was “glad” the convicted pedophile was nominated for the role.

Shanee Colston, the co-chair for the King County Regional Homelessness Authority Continuum of Care Advisory Committee, presided over a Zoom call on May 3 where the group voted to approve prospective board members, including 38-year-old Thomas Whitaker-Raven Crowfoot.

Kristina Sawyckyj, a board member and sexual assault survivor, raised concerns with Whitaker’s nomination as she expressed she had a “bad experience” with him in the past.

“We have a code of ethics on this board and Thomas Whitaker-Raven Crowfoot is a sex offender — repeat sex offender — and I have had bad experience with him,” Sawyckyj, a military veteran, said.

Colston defended Whitaker while condemning Sawyckyj during a tense and firey outburst in front of the group.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/18/washington-official-glad-to-support-sex-offender-on-homelessness-board-in-heated-meeting/

Kamaji:
:facepalm2:

PeteS in CA:
Sexual assault is common enough in encampments and shelters for the sacred homeless without a known sexual abuser being part of the leadership for a homeless care advisory board.

Somehow I suspect some sort of identity politics underlying Colston’s support for the abuser.

mountaineer:
Pedophile-supporting Seattle official REFUSES to resign over video of her scolding sex offender's 'victim' for trying to block pervert from getting job

Shanee Colston refuses to resign following outburst at May 3 Zoom meeting
    She berated board member who opposed nomination of registered sex criminal
    'He has touched me' the accuser said of nominee convicted of raping minors

By Keith Griffith and Harriet Alexander For Dailymail.com
Published: 21:26 EDT, 19 May 2023 | Updated: 03:19 EDT, 20 May 2023   ...

"Shanee"                                              Whitaker

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version