Author Topic: Dems are lying: There is no law that says NYC must house the world  (Read 190 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Dems are lying: There is no law that says NYC must house the world
Opinion by Nicole Gelinas • Yesterday 7:52 PM

This week, after a pandemic hiatus of more than three years, one of New York’s marquee hotels will reopen its 1,025 rooms to guests.

The Roosevelt Hotel, celebrating its centennial next year, has earned a place in Gotham history.

The stately mid-rise limestone and brick edifice — designed as part of Grand Central Terminal’s Terminal City complex, just steps from the North American long-distance train hub — was home to Guy Lombardo’s band for three decades, hosted New York Gov. Thomas Dewey when he prematurely declared victory over Harry Truman in the 1948 presidential election, and served as Mayor-elect John Lindsay’s victory stage and transition headquarters in 1965.

Though worn with age, the hotel, before the pandemic, garnered praise from travelers: a quiet, reliable property with a low-three-figures-a-night price tag.

The reopening should be a sign of New York’s post-2020 progress — except that it’s opening not to paying customers but to migrants crossing the southwest US border and making their way north in search of New York City’s free no-questions-asked shelter.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/dems-are-lying-there-is-no-law-that-says-nyc-must-house-the-world/ar-AA1bkyUa?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=7b450ab739334d89b1e10ccf662826f3&ei=117
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Kamaji

Re: Dems are lying: There is no law that says NYC must house the world
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 01:32:51 pm »
But Adams is making the crisis worse for New York.

Though he blames Texas Gov. Greg Abbott and other Republicans for offering migrants free bus transport to New York, he ignores the reason that migrants find such transport so attractive.

New York City is unique in the country, and indeed in the Western world, in that it guarantees all comers shelter: immediately, no questions asked.

Yup.  It's NYC's own damn fault, and they should not be permitted to push the burden off on other communities now that they're being asked to pay the price for all of their prior virtue signaling.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 02:26:55 pm »
Adams can always bus them to New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Vermont.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2023, 02:29:27 pm »
Adams can always bus them to New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Vermont.

Just give 'em a free one-way ticket on the PATH train and send them over to Jersey City.