Author Topic: CBS segment highlights how adding bugs to the food system 'could be a game-changer' to fight climate  (Read 127 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MEDIA Published May 14, 2023 6:00pm EDT
CBS segment highlights how adding bugs to the food system 'could be a game-changer' to fight climate change
Climate change activists have promoted eating insects as a solution to a greener environment
By Lindsay Kornick | Fox News

CBS airs segment suggesting incorporating bugs into food for climate purposes
"CBS Saturday Morning" featured a segment about scientists suggesting that insects can be a good substitute for meat and soybean-based proteins for climate change.

"CBS Saturday Morning" featured a segment suggesting adding insects into a diet could provide benefits for a growing world affected by climate change.

To counter meat, soybean derived proteins or other high-carbon foods, the segment described efforts by climate experts and scientists to explore farming bugs to protect the planet.

"We all know how important insects are for the environment, but climate researchers say bugs could be a game changer in the fight to protect the planet in ways you may not have imagined," host Dana Jacobson said.

Reporter Tina Kraus explained, "Adding some insects to the mix is customary in the kitchen in some parts of the world. Now climate experts think the protein-packed pests could offer a real solution to the global food crisis. Scientists in Germany are not pushing to get the critters your plate, they see another benefit."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cbs-segment-highlights-eating-bugs-game-changer-fight-climate-change?intcmp=tw_fnc
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson