Author Topic: Chicago's largest newspaper blasts new left-wing mayor for day one 'disaster'  (Read 1135 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chicago's largest newspaper blasts new left-wing mayor for day one 'disaster'
Opinion by Aaron Kliegman • Yesterday 6:29 PM

Chicago's most prominent newspaper called out the Windy City's newly sworn-in left-wing mayor for doing the bidding of unions and signing "radical" executive orders just hours into the job, calling one in particular a "disaster" for the fiscal stability of Chicago.

"As Mayor Brandon Johnson was celebrating 'the soul of Chicago' in his inaugural speech, his office was churning out a batch of deeply radical executive orders that signal trouble ahead for anyone worried about tax increases or concerned with the fiscal stability of America's third largest city," the Chicago Tribune's editorial board wrote Wednesday, two days after Johnson was inaugurated. "The one that most immediately caught our attention was Johnson's executive order creating a new deputy mayor for labor relations."

The Tribune outlined what "any reasonable adult, be they Democrat or Republican," would expect a deputy mayor for labor relations to do in a big city: balance the demands and expectations of a unionized workforce with the "need to hold the line on costs."

In the public sector, however, there's less incentive to hold the line on costs because spending money to gain popularity is more of an appeal than within private companies.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/chicago-s-largest-newspaper-blasts-new-left-wing-mayor-for-day-one-disaster/ar-AA1bkfzG?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=67b5207e8fee402aa9c44932961a07d3&ei=28
Would you be willing to fight and die for multiculturalism?  Would you put your life on the line for “Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity” (DIE); “Environmental, Social, and corporate Governance” (ESG); or other Marxist worldviews?  Would you go to war to preserve the right of delusional men to use women’s restrooms and dominate women’s sports?  Would you fight for any government that hunts down and imprisons J6 protesters as political hostages but celebrates Antifa and Black Lives Matter rioters who cause physical injury and property damage?

J.B. Shurk

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Chicago's most prominent newspaper called out the Windy City's newly sworn-in left-wing mayor for doing the bidding of unions and signing "radical" executive orders just hours into the job, calling one in particular a "disaster" for the fiscal stability of Chicago."

You ain't seen nuttin' yet...!
(Still think mayor Grut was bad?? Jes' you wait...!)

Offline Kamaji

It's gonna get much, much worse before there's any possibility that it might start to get better.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The new mayor is named "Brandon"?????

Seriously?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

"Chicago's most prominent newspaper called out the Windy City's newly sworn-in left-wing mayor for doing the bidding of unions and signing "radical" executive orders just hours into the job, calling one in particular a "disaster" for the fiscal stability of Chicago."

You ain't seen nuttin' yet...!
(Still think mayor Grut was bad?? Jes' you wait...!)

And I predict Mayor  Brandon Johnson gets reelected when he runs again. In fact, I predict he will get reelected by larger margin than the first time.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline PeteS in CA

Johnson is an open union shill. Why be surprised at his bringing in a union Trojan Horse?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.