Author Topic: BREAKING DOWN THE SERE SCHOOL MYTHS: HOW ACCURATE ARE THEY?  (Read 94 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
BREAKING DOWN THE SERE SCHOOL MYTHS: HOW ACCURATE ARE THEY?
Steve Balestrieri | May 12, 2023

Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape (SERE) training prepares U.S. military personnel, Pentagon civilians, and private military contractors to survive and “return with honor” in survival scenarios. The curriculum includes survival skills, evading capture, military code of conduct application, and techniques for resisting interrogation and escaping from captivity.

SERE training was formally established by the U.S. Air Force following the end of World War II. It was extended to the Navy and United States Marine Corps and consolidated under the Air Force during the Korean War with a greater focus on “resistance training.”

The U.S. military expanded SERE programs and training sites during the Vietnam War. In the late 1980s, the U.S. Army became more involved with SERE as Special Forces set up their own training program, led by LTC James “Nick” Rowe, a Special Forces officer who had been a prisoner of the Viet Cong for five years.

https://www.sandboxx.us/blog/breaking-down-the-sere-school-myths-how-accurate-are-they/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson