Author Topic: Judicial Watch: Pentagon IG Concludes Naval Academy Superintendent Made False Statements in Effort t  (Read 294 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
MAY 16, 2023
|
JUDICIAL WATCH
Judicial Watch: Pentagon IG Concludes Naval Academy Superintendent Made False Statements in Effort to End Career of Midshipman

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch announced today it received 19-pages of records from the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) consisting of an internal report by its Inspector General titled “Report of Investigation of Vice Admiral (VADM) Sean L. Buck, U.S. Navy, Superintendent, U.S. Naval Academy,” which concluded that Buck made false statements in discussions with senior Navy officials during disenrollment proceedings against a midshipman for perceived inappropriate tweets.

The internal report, dated September 2022, was uncovered thanks to a Judicial Watch March 2023 Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit (Judicial Watch, Inc. v. U.S. Department of Defense, No. 1:23-cv-00566) filed after the Department of Defense’s Office of Inspector General (“DODIG”) failed to respond to a December 2022 FOIA request for all records related to an investigation conducted by the DODIG, which it publicly referenced in its most recent annual report to Congress. The reference is on page 54 of the Report to Congress. In the report, DODIG informed Congress of the following incident:

The DOD OIG investigated allegations that a Navy vice admiral made false official statements to senior Navy officials on three occasions. We did not substantiate the allegations. We concluded that the vice admiral did not make a false official statement, as defined by Article 107 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, on any of the three occasions. The DOD OIG initiated this investigation based on complaints filed with the DOD Hotline.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/naval-academy-superintendent/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Ok,so did he,or did he not make false statements?

This article says he did,and then says he didn't.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Ok,so did he,or did he not make false statements?

This article says he did,and then says he didn't.
A news report by The Stars and Stripes suggests the midshipman in question may have been Chase Standage.

The report concludes:

We concluded by a preponderance of the evidence that [Vice Admiral] Buck did not make a false official statement, as defined by Article 107 of the [Uniform Code of Military Justice] … However, we found that VADM Buck made a statement that was false during both the conference call with [redacted] on February 18, 2021, and the office visit with [redacted] on February 24, 2021. We further found that VADM Buck knew that his statements were false, but we could not determine by a preponderance of the evidence that VADM Buck intended to make those false statements on either occasion to deceive [redacted] or [redacted]. Separately, we concluded that VADM Buck did not make a false official statement to former Secretary Braithwaite.

The IG made “no recommendation” regarding Buck.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

The IG made “no recommendation” regarding Buck.

@Smokin Joe

"Too big to bust",so they found a weasel way to allow him to retire with his rank and pension intact.

SOB SHOULD be penniless and begging for food on the streets.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Smokin Joe

"Too big to bust",so they found a weasel way to allow him to retire with his rank and pension intact.

SOB SHOULD be penniless and begging for food on the streets.
Makes you wonder what the Midshipman saw or did to gain that sort of enmity from the big brass?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis