Author Topic: Impeaching Mayorkas Gains Momentum Among Key House Republicans  (Read 94 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Impeaching Mayorkas Gains Momentum Among Key House Republicans

Ashley Oliver 16 May 2023 Washington, DC

Calls among House Republicans to begin impeachment proceedings against Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas have grown after a week of chaotic and record-breaking illegal migration activity at the southern border.

Several members of the House Judiciary Committee, the committee responsible for conducting impeachments, say they support moving forward with the process.

“He should be impeached as soon as humanly possible,” Rep. Chip Roy (R-TX) told reporters on Tuesday.

Rep. Ben Cline (R-VA) told Breitbart News, “I support beginning impeachment hearings. I’ve said that to chairman [Jim] Jordan. My constituents think it’s long overdue, and I feel as though once we lay out the facts for the American people and for my colleagues in the House, it’ll be inevitable.”

Rep. Barry Moore (R-AL) said in a statement, “Mayorkas has done more to help the cartels and child traffickers than he has to help the American people. It is clear he is intentionally violating the law and he must be impeached.”

The calls come after the Biden administration lifted the Title 42 border protection last week, which followed at least two consecutive days of border officials apprehending more than 10,000 illegal migrants per day, the highest single-day totals ever recorded, Fox News observed.

Overall, under Mayorkas’s watch, officials have apprehended more than five million illegal migrants at the southern border, not including an estimated 1.5 million gotaways.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/16/impeaching-mayorkas-gains-momentum-key-house-republicans/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34