Author Topic: No one knew a US aircraft carrier water tank had jet fuel in it until the unaware crew hooked it up  (Read 99 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
No one knew a US aircraft carrier water tank had jet fuel in it until the unaware crew hooked it up to the drinking water system, Navy report says
Story by jepstein@insider.com (Jake Epstein) • Yesterday 7:19 PM

The Navy acknowledged that it found jet fuel in the drinking water aboard the carrier USS Nimitz.
Sailors previously told Insider that the situation was far worse than what the service initially revealed.

A new investigation says that no one realized a water tank was polluted with jet fuel for more than a year.

An unused water tank on a US Navy aircraft carrier was polluted with jet fuel for at least 17 months before anyone realized it, a newly released investigation said. The crew found out when they connected it to the drinking water system.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/no-one-knew-a-us-aircraft-carrier-water-tank-had-jet-fuel-in-it-until-the-unaware-crew-hooked-it-up-to-the-drinking-water-system-navy-report-says/ar-AA1bh6C7?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=fffccea1290c4af3aa304a3840d2fc41&ei=23
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson