Author Topic: Rep. Lauren Boebert files for divorce from husband of 18 years  (Read 377 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Rep. Lauren Boebert files for divorce from husband of 18 years
By Patrick Reilly   
May 16, 2023 7:19pm

Colorado Rep. Lauren Boebert has filed for a divorce from her husband of 18 years, the congresswoman announced on Tuesday.

“It is with a heavy weight on my heart that I have filed for divorce from my husband. I am grateful for our years of marriage together and for our beautiful children, all of whom deserve privacy and love as we work through this process,” Boebert said in a statement to The Post.

Boebert, 36, and her husband, Jayson, were married in 2005 and share four children together.

“I’ve always been faithful in my marriage, and I believe strongly in marriage, which makes this announcement that much more difficult. This is truly about irreconcilable differences,” the firebrand conservative continued.

She said she will not comment further on the divorce “out of respect for our children and will continue to work hard to represent the people of Colorado’s 3rd Congressional District.”

A divorce hearing has been scheduled for May 31 in Mesa County, court records show.

The congresswoman’s husband told The Daily Mail that he was “torn” over the divorce.

“I am torn by this, a very sad thing. A horrible moment in my life,” he told the outlet.

“I love her too much to say anything bad about her. She is the mother of my children and my partner for the last 20 years. Please just let me have some peace,” he said.

In the past, Boebert and her husband have had several run-ins with the law, including a couple of domestic incidents when they were still dating.

In February 2004, Jayson was booked on a domestic violence charge against his future wife after he “did unlawfully strike, shove or kick … and subjected her to physical contact,” a spokesman for the Garfield associate county court clerk told The Post.

Jayson Boebert ultimately served seven days in jail for the incident.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/05/16/rep-lauren-boebert-files-for-divorce-from-husband-of-18-years/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Re: Rep. Lauren Boebert files for divorce from husband of 18 years
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 01:16:13 am »
That sucks.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2023, 02:15:07 am »
Poor kids.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2023, 02:30:44 am »
Sad.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2023, 10:59:24 am »
Hate to see it, but without details I won't come to any predetermined conclusions.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2023, 05:31:17 pm »
Lauren Boebert
@laurenboebert

I have always spoken highly of my marriage. I believe in marriage. I believe in the power our words hold.

Jayson, a man I spent half of my life with, did not sign up to be in the public limelight, and he certainly did not agree to be falsely accused of things he didn't do.

The stories reported about the process server, and even Jayson running over a mailbox are a complete lie.

Jayson doesn’t sit around cleaning guns and he certainly doesn't drink beer out of a glass, just as much as he doesn’t drink Bud Light. 

Our own home security footage shows he didn’t “sick dogs” on the process server. The dogs were outside when the server pulled up, they never showed aggression toward him, nor did he appear afraid of them.

Our divorce is a private matter, but the misrepresentations must be addressed. Jayson deserves his privacy, not slanderous stories.

Despite what others may say, I welcome your thoughts, and fervent, heartfelt prayers for our family.

11:15 AM · May 17, 2023