Author Topic: DFL apologizes after it says fight broke out at Minneapolis Ward 10 endorsing convention  (Read 964 times)

Online mountaineer

Ilhan Omar's people run amok.
DFL apologizes after it says fight broke out at Minneapolis Ward 10 endorsing convention
By KSTP
Updated: May 14, 2023 - 12:19 AM
Published: May 13, 2023 - 6:40 PM

A fight broke out during the Minneapolis DFL Ward 10 endorsing convention, according to a statement from Minnesota DFL Party Chairman Ken Martin.

“While we are still gathering all of the details of what transpired today, I am extremely disheartened by reports that a fight broke out at the Ward 10 endorsing convention in Minneapolis. Violence has no place in our politics, and it goes against our party’s most cherished values of democracy, inclusivity, and empathy. I sincerely hope that the perpetrators will be held accountable by law enforcement, and I will work to ensure they are held accountable within our party as well. ..."

Though there were reports of multiple injuries, only two people were treated by EMS, police said. A man was brought to the hospital for a “non-life-threatening medical condition” and a woman was treated on scene for non-life-threatening injuries.

No arrests were made and MPD is investigating.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Andy Ngo tweeted:
Rioting broke out at the Democrat MinnesotaDFL  endorsing convention for Minneapolis' city council Ward 10. Supporters of opposing candidates clashed on stage. Many of the attendees were from Somalia, where political violence is routine.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1657646596203646976

Offline LMAO

I don’t know if any Briefers live in the Twin Cities or have been through there in the last several years, but it looks like a Third World country in many parts. There are parts that you would believe you are in Somalia.

And it has declined greatly. I used to like to spend a weekend down in the cities because they’re was a lot to do. The only reason now why I go to Minneapolis is to fly out from the airport.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Kamaji

Nice people.  /snark

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Mary Richards and Rhoda Morgenstern would be appalled.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
When you import the nonwhite Third World, you GET a nonwhite "Third World".

Are these people capable of understanding and sustaining the republic given to us by The Founders...?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
When you import the nonwhite Third World, you GET a nonwhite "Third World".

Are these people capable of understanding and sustaining the republic given to us by The Founders...?

They do not assimilate they overtake.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
They do not assimilate they overtake.

Like the Borg.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline yodaspock

First of all i live and work in the twin cities.
We call the DFL of Minnesota, DMA Democratic, Muslim, Anarchists or 3M&A Minnesota Marxist Muslim & Anarchists.

This is the Muslim/Somali Vs. White Marxists, looks like the Somalis won this round.

https://alphanews.org/video-fights-large-police-response-shut-down-minneapolis-dfl-convention/ 

alphanews is the only right wing media in the twin cites
https://alphanews.org/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Little Mogadishu meets the Marxists....

Sounds like a cheezy horror movie, but it's real.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
First of all i live and work in the twin cities.
We call the DFL of Minnesota, DMA Democratic, Muslim, Anarchists or 3M&A Minnesota Marxist Muslim & Anarchists.

This is the Muslim/Somali Vs. White Marxists, looks like the Somalis won this round.

https://alphanews.org/video-fights-large-police-response-shut-down-minneapolis-dfl-convention/ 

alphanews is the only right wing media in the twin cites
https://alphanews.org/

Marxists vs Somalis? Go Somalis!

Offline LMAO

The Minnesota DFL has always been awful on spending but they never were for things like transgendering children or defunding police.

Gone is the DFL of Rudy Perpich, Jim Oberstar, and Hubert Humphrey. Now they send people like Ilhan Omar to Congress.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

Andy Ngô 🏳️
@MrAndyNgo

Rioting broke out at the Democrat @MinnesotaDFL endorsing convention for Minneapolis city council after Somali-American supporters of a Muslim candidate violently shut down the event & rushed the stage. A person was taken to hospital by ambulance.
     May 14, 2023
Rioting erupts as Somalian supporters of Democrat Minneapolis city council candidate turn to 'political violence'
One person was treated at the hospital for non-life threatening injuries.
by Katie Daviscourt

A riot erupted in Minnesota during Democrat nominations for Minneapolis City Council on Saturday, which led to no candidate being chosen in Ward 10 after officials were forced to shut down the event over safety concerns.

Somalian supporters of city council candidate Nasri Warsame turned to political violence and reportedly assaulted Minneapolis city council member Aisha Chughtai and her supporters when she took the stage to speak at the Democratic–Farmer–Labor Party's endorsing convention, the Star Tribune reports. ...

Unable to contain the disruption, convention chairman Sam Doten was forced to adjourn the meeting without a candidate being chosen citing safety reasons, and called the situation a great "embarrassment", the outlet reports.

Later that evening, Chughtat released a statement about the event on her website and alleged that Warsome's supporters "assaulted" more than a dozen of both her supporters and DFL staff when they "charged the stage" as she was about to begin her campaign speech. ...
More, including video, at The Post Millennial