Author Topic: 'He won't answer': DeSantis knocks Trump for refusing to say if he backs six-week abortion ban  (Read 659 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

"He signed six weeks, and many people within the pro-life movement feel that that was too harsh," Trump told the Messenger website, while declining to say whether he personally supports or opposes the legislation.

Asked about Trump's comments Tuesday during a bill signing ceremony for legislation cracking down on human trafficking, DeSantis said: "Protecting an unborn child when there's the detectable heartbeat is something that almost probably 99% of pro-lifers support."

DeSantis also dinged Trump for not taking a position on the six-week abortion ban.

"As a Florida resident, he didn't give an answer about 'Would you have signed the heartbeat bill that Florida did?'" DeSantis said, adding: "I signed the bill, I was proud to do it; he won't answer whether he would sign it or not."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/he-wont-answer-desantis-knocks-trump-for-refusing-to-say-if-he-backs-six-week-abortion-ban/ar-AA1bgBo7
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

From the article...
"As a Florida resident, he didn't give an answer about 'Would you have signed the heartbeat bill that Florida did?'" DeSantis said, adding: "I signed the bill, I was proud to do it; he won't answer whether he would sign it or not."

It seems not answering questions is a MAGA trait wink777

But what is Trump's position on abortion? I agree with him when he thought the 6 week ban was too harsh. But what is his position?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 11:04:31 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

From the article...

But what is Trump's position on abortion. I agree with him when he thought the 6 week ban was too harsh. But what is his position?

:thumbsup:

Offline Idiot

From the article...

But what is Trump's position on abortion? I agree with him when he thought the 6 week ban was too harsh. But what is his position?
888mouth

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot

Like everything else with Trump, it's negotiable.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online libertybele

In 1999, Trump was pro-choice.  In 2019 he was pro-life.

I did a quick "on the issues" search -- here is his stance on abortion, though Trump doesn't specify a time frame when he thinks abortion should be banned; yet he's going after DeSantis.  A political ploy is all.

Here is information on Trump's abortion stance:

https://www.ontheissues.org/2020/Donald_Trump_Abortion.htm

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

In fairness, and it is rather lengthy, here is Trump's record (you can check what issues you want using other information and websites) and he is considered a "hard core conservative".

He is by no means a fiscal conservative and it is troubling that he is trying to smear a very conservative governor.  DeSantis obviously is a huge threat because he rules conservatively, his reputation is that of a conservative and his accomplishments as governor continue.

Trump's past haunts him. Trump has voted liberal,aligned himself with the Clintons and Epstein, he was pro-choice, he was soft on the 2A.  His liberal roots are what they are and his NY values are questionable.  He has a reputation of being nasty, bullying, grabbing women and that is something that he can't erase.  He is a fool to believe that he can bully this time around and win the GOP nomination and capture the WH.

https://www.ontheissues.org/donald_trump.htm

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

Donald Trump waffles on totally defunding Planned Parenthood

Jeremy Diamond  |  11:36 AM EDT, Wed August 12, 2015

Donald Trump defends Planned Parenthood at GOP debate

Gregory Krieg  |  5:45 PM EST, Fri February 26, 2016

Trump on Planned Parenthood: 'I am a truth teller'

NICK GASS  |  03/01/2016 10:14 PM EST Updated 03/01/2016 11:55 PM EST

"Look, Planned Parenthood has done very good work for many, many -- for millions of women . . . And I’ll say it, and I know a lot of the so-called conservatives, they say that’s really ... cause I’m a conservative, but I’m a common-sense conservative."
-Donald J. Trump-

Planned Parenthood does one thing and one thing only.  Kill unborn babies.  And Trump believes that your tax dollars should go to them.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Asked about Trump's comments Tuesday during a bill signing ceremony for legislation cracking down on human trafficking, DeSantis said: "Protecting an unborn child when there's the detectable heartbeat is something that almost probably 99% of pro-lifers support."

DeSantis also dinged Trump for not taking a position on the six-week abortion ban.

We are in a post Roe v Wade political world.  We won.  The Supremes overturned this and returned the issue to the states.

Why, when we could finally hold national elections without abortion being on the agenda, would DeSantis be forcing anything to do with abortion as a litmas test?

Is Ronny planning on making a six week ban federal law?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I see DeSantis'  taking a hardline  biting him hard.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Planned Parenthood does one thing and one thing only.  Kill unborn babies.  And Trump believes that your tax dollars should go to them.

Yep, don't buy the lie they do much of anything else. I saw a stat somewhere a few weeks ago about how little PP did other than abortion wise... It was amazing they even claim to offer other options.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
From the article...

@LMAO

Is Trump a Florida resident,a NYC resident,or a resident somewhere else where he owns property?

I am GUESSING he is a NYC resident because that is where most of his money and property are located.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

Why, when we could finally hold national elections without abortion being on the agenda, would DeSantis be forcing anything to do with abortion as a litmas test?

You mean Trump, right?  It is Trump - not DeSantis - who made this an issue.  It is Trump - not DeSantis - who pushed this onto the national stage.  And it is Trump - not DeSantis - who chose to place abortion on the agenda for a national election.

But then you knew all of that already.  Yet here you are again pushing a bogus narrative against DeSantis, falsely accusing him of doing the very thing that Trump did in an effort to knowingly deceive other posters here.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

@LMAO

Is Trump a Florida resident,a NYC resident,or a resident somewhere else where he owns property?

I am GUESSING he is a NYC resident because that is where most of his money and property are located.

Trump is a FL resident; he changed his permanent residence to Mar A Lago.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Trump is a FL resident; he changed his permanent residence to Mar A Lago.

@libertybele

Thanks!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!