Author Topic: Biden vetoes bipartisan bill protecting US solar panel makers from Chinese competition  (Read 146 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 16, 2023 2:19pm EDT
Biden vetoes bipartisan bill protecting US solar panel makers from Chinese competition
'The president’s position, and today’s veto, fails to hold China accountable and hurts American workers,' Democratic lawmaker says

By Thomas Catenacci | Fox News

President Biden vetoed a bipartisan resolution Tuesday that would have reversed his executive action last year ordering the Department of Commerce not to enforce tariffs on Chinese solar panel manufacturers for two years.

Biden explained that the legislation — which recently passed the House and Senate with Democratic support — "bets against American innovation." Last year, Biden implemented the 24-month moratorium on the enforcement of solar panel anti-circumvention tariffs designed to protect U.S. companies, a move the White House said would facilitate investment in domestic solar panel production capabilities.

"Passage of this resolution bets against American innovation," Biden said in a statement Tuesday. "It would undermine these efforts and create deep uncertainty for American businesses and workers in the solar industry. Therefore, I am vetoing this resolution."

Biden added that he doesn't "intend to" extend the tariff suspension when the 24-month moratorium expires in June 2024.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-sinks-bipartisan-bill-protecting-us-solar-panel-makers-chinese-competition
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Of course.  Are there enough votes to override the veto?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Of course.  Are there enough votes to override the veto?

Doesn't look like it.

The resolution — which utilizes the Congressional Review Act, a law that allows Congress to revoke federal regulations — passed the House in a 221-202 vote on April 28 and the Senate in a 56-41 vote on May 3.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley