Author Topic: UK: ‘Killer nurse’ Lucy Letby took photo of card from parents as memento  (Read 248 times)

Offline Kamaji

‘Killer nurse’ Lucy Letby took photo of card from parents as memento

By Olivia Land
May 16, 2023

The British nurse accused of killing seven infants in her care testified Tuesday that she photographed a card she got from the parents of two of her alleged victims so she had “something to remember” from the ordeal.

Lucy Letby, 33, is on trial in the deaths of the seven babies and the attempted killing of 10 others in the neonatal unit at the Countess of Chester Hospital in Manchester between June 2015 and June 2016.

She was questioned in court Tuesday about a photograph she took of a card from the parents of two of her alleged victims, twin boys referred to as “Child E” and “Child F” in the case, SkyNews reported.

“It was something I wanted to remember. I quite often take photographs of cards I have sent and received,” she told her lawyer, Ben Myers, of the card, which she photographed at the nurses’ station.

Child E and Child F died in Letby’s unit in August 2015. Prosecutors claim that the former nurse deliberately killed both children through a fatal injection of air into their bloodstream and insulin poisoning.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/16/killer-nurse-lucy-letby-took-photo-of-card-from-parents-as-memento/