State Chapters > Florida

'My truck won't move:' Are truckers boycotting Florida over DeSantis' new immigration law?

(1/4) > >>

libertybele:
Some backlash.  However I firmly stand by DeSantis' new law requiring e-verify.  He's merely attempting to curtail the influx of ILLEGALS and they negative impact they're having on this counry.

'My truck won't move:' Are truckers boycotting Florida over DeSantis' new immigration law?

Truck drivers called for boycotts over the weekend against Florida's tough new penalties and restrictions on undocumented immigrants in the state, which include requiring employers to verify if workers are authorized to work in the United States.

Social media "exploded" with reports of Latino truck drivers threatening to stop delivering to and in Florida, according to independent journalist Arturo Dominguez.

"Don't enter Florida," one trucker said in a TikTok video.

“My truck will not be going to Florida at all. I’m pretty sure we can all come together as a Latino community and boycott Florida as a whole because what they are doing to our brothers and sisters out there is not fair,” a truck driver said in another TikTok video.

Florida's new immigration law requires businesses with more than 25 employees to use E-Verify. The web-based, federal system allows enrolled employers to determine if their employees are legally authorized to work in the United States. It also invalidates identification cards issued in other states that are held by people who live in the country illegally.

The new law, which was signed by Gov. Ron DeSantis Wednesday, will take effect July 1.............

Wingnut:
Don't believe it for a second.  White liberal made up shit and putting a Latino face on it.  I bet Trump is behind it!

cato potatoe:
Good.  Send the truckloads of illegals to some other state.

Kamaji:
That'll last right up until the question is driving the truck or letting the bank take it.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Wingnut on May 16, 2023, 06:32:08 pm ---Don't believe it for a second.  White liberal made up shit and putting a Latino face on it.  I bet Trump is behind it!

--- End quote ---

Whoever is behind it, it's silly. There are a VAST number of truckers that will happily haul freight to Florida. And most of them, MORE SO, because of this law.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version