Author Topic: Most Covid Patients Who Died in Hospital Were Killed by Ventilators, Study Finds  (Read 934 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Most Covid Patients Who Died in Hospital Were Killed by Ventilators, Study Finds
Frank BergmanMay 15, 2023 - 12:31 pm8 Comments

A bombshell new study has revealed that most Covid patients who died after being admitted to hospital were killed by ventilators and not the virus.

The analysis, published in the Journal of Clinical Investigation, studied patients who died in the hospital during the early phase of the pandemic.

Since the pandemic first emerged, the use of ventilators was often seen as the end of the road as patients rarely recovered after being placed on one.

However, evidence now suggests that ventilators caused patients’ conditions to rapidly deteriorate, ultimately resulting in them becoming fatally ill.

The study found that the majority of Covid patients who were put on a ventilator had also developed secondary bacterial pneumonia.

https://slaynews.com/news/most-covid-patients-died-hospital-killed-ventilators-study-finds/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online libertybele

So opting not to put COVID patients on ventilators as they struggled to breathe was a choice?? Would they not have died eventually from lack of oxygen??  Granted bacterial pneumonia was a result of being put on ventilators, but I don't see that as a cause of death rather it was the primary illness of COVID that killed them.  :shrug:

There was a protocol handed down by the CDC as far as treatment while simple early treatments such as the use of ivermectin were not allowed.  I believe for the most part, this was on purpose.

The CDC, WHO and Dr. Fauci ARE responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths.  I believe we are yet to see the full spectrum of what the outcome is of those vaccinated.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

BS. Ventilators were only used as a last ditch measure. Ventilators were not the cause of death, Covid was; OTOH, patient who were put on a ventilator and recovered probably would have died, but for the ventilator. Before anyone asks, no, I was not on a ventilator, and yes, the wife of a friend was and has recovered.

Ventilators did not kill. Neither did remdesivir (which I received, and Trump also received).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

BS. Ventilators were only used as a last ditch measure. Ventilators were not the cause of death, Covid was; OTOH, patient who were put on a ventilator and recovered probably would have died, but for the ventilator. Before anyone asks, no, I was not on a ventilator, and yes, the wife of a friend was and has recovered.

Ventilators did not kill. Neither did remdesivir (which I received, and Trump also received).

Seems to me the underlying lesson is avoiding absolutes.  Ventilators are an extreme measure, and I see no reason to not accept that they can kill on occasion.

Offline PeteS in CA

When the patients put on ventilators would have died anyway, claiming ventilators killed anyone is pretty ridiculous. When hospitals used ventilators it really was a last ditch measure. Before doing that, at least three less invasive oxygen enrichment measures would have been tried (I was on the second level before I started recovering, so I’m not making stuff up). A ventilator being the last ditch measure, many, unfortunately, would die. And being a common last-ditch measure, many who die in the hospital will have been on a ventilator. Correlation is not causation. In the same way, almost all who die of pneumonia were on antibiotics, but the antibiotics did not, therefore, kill them.

When absurdities such as the ventilators-kill claim and the remdesivir-kills claims lead to refusing or delaying potentially life-saving treatments, the absurdities could kill.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Kamaji

When the patients put on ventilators would have died anyway, claiming ventilators killed anyone is pretty ridiculous. When hospitals used ventilators it really was a last ditch measure. Before doing that, at least three less invasive oxygen enrichment measures would have been tried (I was on the second level before I started recovering, so I’m not making stuff up). A ventilator being the last ditch measure, many, unfortunately, would die. And being a common last-ditch measure, many who die in the hospital will have been on a ventilator. Correlation is not causation. In the same way, almost all who die of pneumonia were on antibiotics, but the antibiotics did not, therefore, kill them.

When absurdities such as the ventilators-kill claim and the remdesivir-kills claims lead to refusing or delaying potentially life-saving treatments, the absurdities could kill.

On the other hand, we’ve had more than a lifetimes worth of absurdities killing people from the Covid-fascists, so there is that.  We’ve had a lifetimes worth of absurdities from young people having their lives derailed by the Covid-fascists - one of my nieces included, who was hospitalized for suicidal depression arising from the Covid-nazi enforced isolation - so there is that, too. 

Given that, I’m sorry but I simply don’t trust that all the doctors involved were wise Solomons with only the patients best interests at heart, and therefore am unwilling to accept platitudes about ventilators being deployed only when necessary, as viewed from some objective omniscient pov. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Sorry boss, my father had covid bad and ended up in the hospital because he had pneumonia before and it immediately went to that. The hospital approached us to use a ventilator on him and we said absolutely not. Another woman in their church went to a different hospital who's policy was to put people on ventilators and she was dead a few days later. One of a number we knew of.

The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Around here they were being put on vents for no other reason than getting more $$$ from uncle sugar for doing it. And it killed many.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

In March, 2020, my wife's Covid stricken uncle refused to be hospitalized because he did not want to be put on a ventilator.  He lived, but suffers with long Covid.

Ventilators are a nasty bit of business - can lead to secondary respiratory infections, like pnuemonia.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online libertybele

In March, 2020, my wife's Covid stricken uncle refused to be hospitalized because he did not want to be put on a ventilator.  He lived, but suffers with long Covid.

Ventilators are a nasty bit of business - can lead to secondary respiratory infections, like pnuemonia.

Yes and pneumonia is the secondary illness, which killed and COVID was the primary illness.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

The SARS-CoV-2 virus causes pneumonia. Pneumonia is a symptom, not a separate disease/condition.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Around here they were being put on vents for no other reason than getting more $$$ from uncle sugar for doing it. And it killed many.
IIRC, there was a $24,000 'bonus' for ICU patients with COVID for the hospitals ($13,000 for a patient, $37,000 for one in ICU). Sedate them, put them on vent, and out the back door with them a few days later.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

The SARS-CoV-2 virus causes pneumonia. Pneumonia is a symptom, not a separate disease/condition.

You were put on a ventilator when you got covid?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The SARS-CoV 2 Virus may cause a viral pneumonia, but it does not cause Bacterial Pneumonia, which is the COD the article mentions associated with the ventilators..
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

Majority of COVID Hospital Deaths Were Due to Untreated Bacterial Pneumonia
James Lyons-Weiler
May 28 2023
The Epoch Times
Hospital protocolists sticking to the strict hand-me-down highly profitable “COVID protocol” may have doomed a majority of admitted COVID-19 patients to death due to a perfect storm of institutional failure.

I first warned the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in early 2020 that because the commercial kits did not use internal negative controls there would be arbitrarily high COVID-19 false positive rates due to the abuse of non-quantitative PCR.

The majority of “cases,” I pointed out, would be false because the test was to be used as a screening device—and when you screen with an imperfect test when prevalence is low, you end up with more false positives than negatives in the set of positives.

Knowing that people who were symptomatic for respiratory infections would be among the most tested population and that Dr. Anthony Fauci’s medical approach to COVID-19 was to tell people to go home and get as sick as possible, it was readily clear that people would be dying due to lack of treatment for treatable conditions, like bacterial pneumonia and fungal infections in the lung. ...

Unsurprisingly, the study found that people with bacterial pneumonia who were on ventilators had the highest mortality.

Although their analysis restricted consideration to bacterial pneumonia cases detected 48 hours after ventilation, they did not distinguish between undiagnosed cases of bacterial pneumonia upon admission and those acquired in-hospital (nosocomial infection).

The rate of co-infection is not clear either, due to insufficient testing for bacterial pneumonia in patients once diagnosed with COVID-19. ...

This article was originally published by The Defender—Children’s Health Defense’s News & Views Website

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org