Author Topic: American Fast-Food Chains Use Seaweed, Soy, And Even Wood To Beef Up Menu Items, Study Reveals  (Read 728 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
American Fast-Food Chains Use Seaweed, Soy, And Even Wood To Beef Up Menu Items, Study Reveals
Published 2 days ago on 14 May, 2023Zero Hedgewildpixel / Getty Images

An exclusive investigation by Daily Mail might make you reconsider your next order of fried chicken at American fast-food chains.

The investigation reveals these restaurants infuse their chicken with additives, preservatives, and other proteins to keep costs low. Some of these menu items are described as “premium” or “all-white-meat,” but far from it, instead include ingredients such as seaweed and even wood pulp.

The report said there are more than 120 ingredients hidden within chicken burgers or nuggets at fast food restaurants. Those ingredients are listed below on a restaurant-by-restaurant basis:

https://summit.news/2023/05/14/american-fast-food-chains-use-seaweed-soy-and-even-wood-to-beef-up-menu-items-study-reveals/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This problem can easily be resolved by adding nice squishy bugs. 000hehehehe 
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Actually reading the story paints a different picture.

The knock on McDonald's nuggets:

The nuggets do contain white boneless chicken, but they are also full of several types of flour, flavorings, spices, acid, yeast extract, dextrose and lemon juice solids.

Oh, dear me, they contain spices as well as chicken!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This problem can easily be resolved by adding nice squishy bugs. 000hehehehe

Cockroach! Cockroach! Cockroach! Cockroach!
The Republic is lost.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Yup you can’t trust Tyson, and I seriously doubt MickeyD’s has changed their beef from what I saw their provider GSF grind form and freeze right in front of me…I must have missed them adding the sawdust filler.

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Reads like something the Center for Science in the Public Interest would put together, a bunch of fear mongering BS.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online libertybele

Reads like something the Center for Science in the Public Interest would put together, a bunch of fear mongering BS.

Various types of seaweed are actually very healthy.  Soy is ok as long as one isn't allergic to it.  Wood?  I see as obviously harmful.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

Coming to a grocery store near you.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

The "wood" is, supposedly, cellulose, which is used as a thickening agent.  This was apparently scandal du jour back in 2014, because most of the articles that show up for that subject show up in 2014.

Article on the use of cellulose gum as a food additive:  https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/cellulose-gum

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I ate enough sawdust in my life that I was literally....(logs)  :shrug:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline PeteS in CA

It’s a clickbait faux-scandal. Soy, seaweed, etc. have been used to add flavor to food for millennia. The highbrow fine-dining term is “umami”. As for spices, remember KFC’s ancient ad slogan, “11 herbs and spices” (they are wa-a-a-a-ayyyy to salty for my taste, but …)?

Anyway, breadings, coatings, and ground meats are going to have all kinds of ingredients chosen to increase flavor, and that really is hardly news. Anybody remember where the gelling agent agar-agar comes from?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline goatprairie

It appears that virtually every food item that has things in it other than the featured meat are chicken entrees.
The big question: are these added things unhealthy? I mean unhealthier than if it were all chicken and not had stuff added to it. If not, and the chicken thing is tasty, who cares?

Offline Kamaji

It appears that virtually every food item that has things in it other than the featured meat are chicken entrees.
The big question: are these added things unhealthy? I mean unhealthier than if it were all chicken and not had stuff added to it. If not, and the chicken thing is tasty, who cares?

:thumbsup: