Author Topic: Another Army helicopter incident results in minor injuries, no deaths  (Read 87 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Another Army helicopter incident results in minor injuries, no deaths
By Jonathan Lehrfeld
 May 15, 03:36 PM

An Army helicopter accident occurred May 13 during a routine training exercise at Yakima Training Center, Washington, Army officials confirmed.

No soldiers were killed in the incident involving an AH-64 Apache, but the aircrew was sent to Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital for evaluation. One soldier was released the next morning while another remains in the hospital, officials confirmed. Personnel involved are assigned to the 16th Combat Aviation Brigade at Joint Base Lewis-McChord in Washington.

“Our number one priority at this time is ensuring our pilots receive the medical care they need, while simultaneously caring for their families,” Col. Derek Smith, the brigade commander, said in a statement.

The incident follows a string of helicopter accidents in recent months, including one in March in Kentucky, where two Black Hawks crashed, killing nine, and another in Alaska, where Apache helicopters collided, resulting in three deaths.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2023/05/15/another-army-helicopter-incident-results-in-minor-injuries-no-deaths/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson