Author Topic: Hypersonics, Nukes Top House Lawmaker’s Priorities List  (Read 80 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Hypersonics, Nukes Top House Lawmaker’s Priorities List
« on: May 16, 2023, 04:02:28 pm »
Hypersonics, Nukes Top House Lawmaker’s Priorities List
But markups at Doug Lamborn’s HASC strategic forces panel are on hold amid threats to force a U.S. default.
AUDREY DECKER | MAY 15, 2023 05:06 PM ET
CONGRESS NUCLEAR MISSILES DEFENSE BUDGET

Hypersonic missiles and nuclear weapons will get top priority when the House Armed Services committee’s strategic forces panel finally gets to mark up the 2024 defense-policy bill, according to the subcommittee’s chairman.

HASC markups are on hold while GOP lawmakers seek federal budget cuts by threatening to force the U.S. renege on its debts.

Rep. Doug Lamborn, a Republican whose district is based in Colorado Springs, said his biggest concern ahead of the markup, which was supposed to kick off on Thursday, is the top-line number. 

Lamborn said he’s “disappointed” the defense policy bill is delayed but “understands” why Congress needs to concentrate on the debt ceiling first.

https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2023/05/hypersonics-nukes-top-house-lawmakers-priorities-list/386373/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson