Author Topic: It sure looks like Michelle Obama is being pressured to run for president, forcing Biden out of the  (Read 302 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 16, 2023
It sure looks like Michelle Obama is being pressured to run for president, forcing Biden out of the 2024 race
By Thomas Lifson

It’s obvious to anyone in the Democrat camp not totally delusional that Joe Biden’s declining mental faculties make him almost impossible to re-elect in 2024. Douglas Schoen and Andrew Stein are two Democrats that have a good grasp of reality, and so they are putting out a signal in the Wall Street Journal – which is read by virtually every media editor in the country – that it is time to push Michelle Obama into running. That is, if she has not already been convinced by her husband.

Donald Trump’s spirited performance in last week’s CNN town hall, combined with recent polls, has some Democrats realizing he could be elected president again in 2024. The latest ABC News/Washington Post poll finds President Joe Biden with a 36% approval rating and trailing Mr. Trump by 6 points in a race for the White House. We aren’t the only Democrats considering alternatives and wondering: If not Mr. Biden, who should be the nominee? (snip)

If Mr. Biden can’t run for re-election, his natural successor is Vice President Kamala Harris. But Ms. Harris is even less popular than the president: Only 35% of registered voters have a favorable opinion of her compared with 41% for Mr. Biden, according to a recent Wall Street Journal poll. Ms. Harris’s approval rating in November 2021 hit a historic low for any modern vice president, and she is viewed much less favorably than her four predecessors at the same point in their respective tenures.

Furthermore, Mr. Trump trounces Ms. Harris in a general election match-up. According to a Harvard CAPS-Harris poll released this year, Mr. Trump leads Ms. Harris by 10 points, 49% to 39%. (snip)

A Zogby Analytics poll released last year found that if Mr. Biden were to bow out in 2024, Mrs. Clinton would be a distant third choice for Democratic primary voters, behind Ms. Harris in second place. The favorite is the only Democrat with broad national appeal: Michelle Obama.

Mrs. Obama is popular within the Democratic Party. She left the White House with a 68% favorability rating nationally and was one of the most admired women in the U.S. from 2018 through 2020, according to Gallup polls. With a broad network of supporters and the ability to resurrect Barack Obama’s political organization, she would be the strongest candidate by far.

While Mrs. Obama has expressed no desire to seek national office, she may be persuaded to jump in if Mr. Biden can’t run and Mr. Trump appears close to returning to the White House.

This is more than a trial balloon by Schoen and Stein, who are serious players. Schoen was a key figure in Bill Clinton's campaigns for president and a White House advisor. Stein was Manhattan Burough President and the last President of the New York City Council. It is a message: Biden is losing it by the day and could lose if he sticks it out, even to Trump, which is the unimaginable horror in Democrats’ (and many establishment Republicans’) minds

So who is the best backup?  They say there is need for a backup plan, but once out of the bag, this is game on. Unless Michelle claims an absolute lack of interest, then she is OK with it.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/05/it_sure_looks_like_michelle_obama_is_being_pressured_to_run_for_president_forcing_biden_out_of_the_2024_race.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GrouchoTex

I hope she doesn't, because she may have a better chance of winning than anyone else they've got.
She may be their only hope.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
As I predicted quite awhile ago - -Michael Obama is going to run or she will be Chuckle's VP and then Chuckles will conveniently step down.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I honestly don't think she wants the job.  There are a million things she could have done over the last 6 years to build a political profile, and she hasn't.

I think she loves the life she has right now, more or less.  Lots and lots of money, fame, celebrity, and not having to do a minute's work.  The moment she runs for office, it's just a massive headache, and I don't think she has that kind of lust for power.

Offline LMAO

I honestly don't think she wants the job.  There are a million things she could have done over the last 6 years to build a political profile, and she hasn't.

I think she loves the life she has right now, more or less.  Lots and lots of money, fame, celebrity, and not having to do a minute's work.  The moment she runs for office, it's just a massive headache, and I don't think she has that kind of lust for power.

I agree

Michelle Obama is not going to run for president. I’ve never believed that. And didn’t she say one said she didn’t really like her years in the White House?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I agree

Michelle Obama is not going to run for president. I’ve never believed that. And didn’t she say one said she didn’t really like her years in the White House?

What she says and what she really does might be two different things.  One thing is coming to light, the transformation of America is here and that's what Barrack wanted; however, the Blacks now are beginning to realize that ILLEGALS will be the group catered too.  That is not going to sit well with Michelle. She has been vocal about racism. 

Barrack in part is still running the show.  The Obama's were popular among the DEMS and what better way to motivate the existing DEM voting base but to run Michelle??  Who else do they have? Newsom? Manchin?  Trump I believe would beat both of them.  A Black female president and VP?  But, I don't think they'll run Kamel - Susan Rice or Valerie Jarret along with Obama.  That ticket would be very powerful.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Have to agree with Major Bill's post #3 above.

If we put aside for a moment the fact that she has essentially no qualifications or record of accomplishment at all...
... I sense she is essentially lazy and simply doesn't want to be bothered with the burdens such a role would place upon her. Even the work of running for the office.

(at least kamala sutra was able to get elected senator...)

Final thought:
I want to see the moose go toe-to-toe in a debate with RFKjr.
That would be interesting... I might even watch it...!