Author Topic: Fox Producer Tells O'Keefe Media That Tucker Carlson Was Fired as Part of Dominion Deal  (Read 620 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fox Producer Tells O'Keefe Media That Tucker Carlson Was Fired as Part of Dominion Deal
By Bob Hoge | 7:00 AM on May 16, 2023

James O’Keefe, who famously left his investigative journalism venture Project Veritas and went on to start O’Keefe Media Group (OMG), dropped a stunning video Monday night in which a Fox News producer claims that top-rated host Tucker Carlson was jettisoned from the network as part of the settlement deal with Dominion Voting Systems. Dominion had sued the news channel for $1.6 billion, claiming that the outlet defamed the company by airing claims that its voting systems were rigged.

As in most of O’Keefe’s videos, the discussions are recorded by undercover journalists and feature people who are unaware that their words could come back to haunt them. Sometimes these people are drinking, or they’re flirting, or they’re boasting—or all three. It’s therefore hard to know if all their information is credible. That being said, O’Keefe’s efforts have produced startling results in the past.

Here are some of the dramatic claims the producer told the undercover reporter in what appears to be a coffee shop and then later in what appears to be a bar. We start with O’Keefe’s intro:

O’KEEFE: OMG News has obtained incendiary footage of a Fox News producer talking about Tucker Carlson’s departure, the Dominion settlement, and the influence that advertisers and pharmaceutical companies like Pfizer have over the embattled network.

FOX PRODUCER SEAN LANGILLE: They gave them [Dominion] money. They say it wasn’t part of it. But we’re learning that, Tucker getting fired was part of that.

UNDERCOVER REPORTER: Tucker getting fired was part of the Dominion lawsuit? Well, so did Tucker leave or did you guys part ways or Tucker was ousted?

LANGILLE: Yeah, he was ousted. Well, he brought up things that cost the company a lot of money…That, that was part of it. He was going to go after this whole thing about January 6 was… It was an inside job. He went after this guy Ray Epps, he said he was an FBI agent on the inside…. And basically encouraged it. He was going to go on the air and refute what that guy said on 60 Minutes.

And the Murdochs were like, not too happy about it.

https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/status/1658292827304992768

more
https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2023/05/16/fox-producer-tells-okeefe-media-that-tucker-carlson-was-fired-as-part-of-dominion-deal-n746622
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
...a Fox News producer claims that top-rated host Tucker Carlson was jettisoned from the network as part of the settlement deal with Dominion Voting Systems.

And I personally would bet big money on the CIA having a large stake in Dominion Voting Systems.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Think it had to do more with Pfizer and Blackrock than anything. Dominion has been destroyed in court and about everywhere else for the shoddiness of their system.

But it's irrelevant. Cable is dead. Tucker can now move onto bigger and better things.
The Republic is lost.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Wow, another great job from JOK.  He can do Tucker's damage for them. 

I wonder even how much of this was Tucker even in the loop of the corruptive process this entailed.  I do know, that if this is true, and can be proven in the court of law, Tucker has a quite a shot of a counter suit towards Fox and Dominion for maybe Billions?   And man oh man, would I ever throw a party if Dominion was bankrupted.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline The_Reader_David

Interesting.  If Dominion was really interested in their reputation, they'd have demanded Hannity's head, rather than Carlson's.  Carlson gave Sydney Powell, the queen of the voting fraud narrative, a really hard time when he interviewed her.  This was political hit having nothing to do with the libel case, and was done because Carlson was probably the last independent voice on television for the center-right in this country.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Interesting.  If Dominion was really interested in their reputation, they'd have demanded Hannity's head, rather than Carlson's.  Carlson gave Sydney Powell, the queen of the voting fraud narrative, a really hard time when he interviewed her.  This was political hit having nothing to do with the libel case, and was done because Carlson was probably the last independent voice on television for the center-right in this country.

Excellent observation.  You are (were) right, Carlson was actually one of the quieter post Nov. 2020 pundits around the steal.
I don't know if I would consider Tucker Center-Right.  At least in my watching experiences  he seems pretty consistently solid right.

Do you have an example that counters that?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

Wow, another great job from JOK.  He can do Tucker's damage for them. 

I wonder even how much of this was Tucker even in the loop of the corruptive process this entailed.  I do know, that if this is true, and can be proven in the court of law, Tucker has a quite a shot of a counter suit towards Fox and Dominion for maybe Billions?   And man oh man, would I ever throw a party if Dominion was bankrupted.

If all they did was to take him off the air, but continued to pay him his full pay, then he may not have much of an argument, unless his contract with Fox clearly provides that he must be given a certain amount of air time, and doesn't provide for additional monetary compensation if the air time minimum is not met.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
If all they did was to take him off the air, but continued to pay him his full pay, then he may not have much of an argument, unless his contract with Fox clearly provides that he must be given a certain amount of air time, and doesn't provide for additional monetary compensation if the air time minimum is not met.

Wrongfully firing constitutes in some ways constitutes defamation, when in an occupation that the public sector pays for.   Plus add the fact that being absent for some time (could, but we all know not likely) hurt his standing in the Punditry business.  BOR is no Tucker, but he sure didn't recover.

Offline Kamaji

Wrongfully firing constitutes in some ways constitutes defamation, when in an occupation that the public sector pays for.   Plus add the fact that being absent for some time (could, but we all know not likely) hurt his standing in the Punditry business.  BOR is no Tucker, but he sure didn't recover.

Yes, and if he was fired at the behest of another party, then in many states he would have a cause of action for tortious interference with contract.

The question is, however, whether he has been fired - i.e., not getting paid compensation under his employment contract, basically - or not.  If he hasn't been fired, but just taken off the air - the two are not coterminous - then he would only have a case if he could show that his contract required that he be provided with a minimum amount of air time, and that the contract did not provide for remedies (typically, either additional money, or release from contractual obligations) in the event that he wasn't provided with the contractually required minimum amount of air time.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Yes, and if he was fired at the behest of another party, then in many states he would have a cause of action for tortious interference with contract.

The question is, however, whether he has been fired - i.e., not getting paid compensation under his employment contract, basically - or not.  If he hasn't been fired, but just taken off the air - the two are not coterminous - then he would only have a case if he could show that his contract required that he be provided with a minimum amount of air time, and that the contract did not provide for remedies (typically, either additional money, or release from contractual obligations) in the event that he wasn't provided with the contractually required minimum amount of air time.

Yep, but wonder if what JOK has extracted might give Carlosn some incentive to go scorched earth.  Like I said, I'd love to see Dominion destroyed.

Offline Kamaji

Yep, but wonder if what JOK has extracted might give Carlosn some incentive to go scorched earth.  Like I said, I'd love to see Dominion destroyed.

If Carlson goes scorched earth while he is still under contract, and if he disparages Fox in any way, then he will almost certainly have to forfeit a large amount of compensation, and may have to pay damages as well.

It's a delicate game being played, but the end-goal should be finding a way of making it unpleasant enough for Fox that they agree to cut him loose, without giving them enough incentive to sue him for breach of contract.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
If Carlson goes scorched earth while he is still under contract, and if he disparages Fox in any way, then he will almost certainly have to forfeit a large amount of compensation, and may have to pay damages as well.

It's a delicate game being played, but the end-goal should be finding a way of making it unpleasant enough for Fox that they agree to cut him loose, without giving them enough incentive to sue him for breach of contract.

Understood, but with the backing of FU Musk money, I bet he would enjoy the hell out of seeing them flame out in blaze of destruction.