Author Topic: Homeless mom booted from Yonkers hotel for NYC migrants  (Read 168 times)

Offline Kamaji

Homeless mom booted from Yonkers hotel for NYC migrants
« on: May 16, 2023, 12:14:39 pm »
Homeless mom forced to change baby’s diaper on outside bench after being booted from Yonkers hotel for NYC migrants

By Haley Brown and Emily Crane
May 15, 2023

No room at the inn.

Two homeless couples, including one with a baby, are getting the boot from a Yonkers hotel to make way for dozens of migrants being dumped there by New York City Mayor Eric Adams, the displaced denizens told The Post on Monday.

Savannah Harp, 24, was forced to change her 18-month-old son Emir’s diaper on a bench outside the Ramada Inn in Westchester County on Monday morning after being told that the hotel where she has been paying $150 a night for the past two weeks is now suddenly booked up.

Harp, who rebooked each morning to stay at the hotel on Tuckahoe Road with her baby and boyfriend, said she believes they were denied a room Monday after it emerged that up to 100 migrant families could start arriving there.

“[The migrants’ are not having to pay out of their own pocket, and I’m having to pay out of my own pocket — and then I have to leave whenever [hotel workers] say,” Harp said.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/15/homeless-among-those-booted-from-yonkers-hotel-for-nyc-migrants/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Homeless mom booted from Yonkers hotel for NYC migrants
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2023, 12:17:33 pm »
Bet she votes Rat not realizing that you're their darling till a better darling comes along.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

Re: Homeless mom booted from Yonkers hotel for NYC migrants
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2023, 12:20:08 pm »
Bet she votes Rat not realizing that you're their darling till a better darling comes along.

Most likely.  Bet she'll continue to vote 'Rat even now.