Author Topic: Migrants to be housed in 6 more NYC school gyms - parents outraged  (Read 218 times)

Offline Kamaji

Migrants to be housed in 6 more NYC school gyms — outraged parents say plan is ‘just insane’

By Bernadette Hogan, Desheania Andrews, Jack Morphet and Emily Crane
May 15, 2023

At least six more Big Apple schools are set to start temporarily housing migrants in their gyms, prompting all hell to break loose Monday among parents frantic over safety and potential learning disruptions.

“To bus people to our school and expect the community to absorb them is just insane,” fumed Virginia Vu, a PTA member and parent at Brooklyn’s MS 577 in Williamsburg — adding some parents have already threatened to at least temporarily pull their kids out of the sixth-through-eighth grade school.

“We care about asylum-seekers, and we’re proud our city is a ‘sanctuary city’ — but housing asylum seekers on school grounds is absolutely unacceptable,” she said.

MS 577 shares a gym with PS 17 — one of five Brooklyn elementary schools to soon have asylum-seekers living out of their gymnasiums, too, as New York City struggles to cope with the surging migrant crisis, sources told The Post.

The other targeted elementary schools are PS 18 and PS 132, both in Williamsburg, PS 172 in Sunset Park and PS 189 near Prospect-Lefferts Gardens. PS 17, 18, 132 and 172 all house kindergarten through fifth-grade, while PS 189 goes from kindergarten through eighth grade.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/05/15/parents-outraged-as-6-more-nyc-schools-to-house-migrants-in-gyms/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Migrants to be housed in 6 more NYC school gyms - parents outraged
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2023, 12:00:52 pm »
:facepalm2:

That is what y'all voted for.  Maybe going forward:  DON'T VOTE FOR DEMOCRATS!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2023, 12:05:47 pm »
:facepalm2:

That is what y'all voted for.  Maybe going forward:  DON'T VOTE FOR DEMOCRATS!

I am just to the point where we let these fools feel the pain and see if they wise up. I am tired of leftists and their smarmy self-righteous ideology that they refuse to accept the consequences of.

Moynihan said all politics is local, might as well use the invasion to some benefit and let their situation bite them on the butt.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2023, 12:07:45 pm »
I am just to the point where we let these fools feel the pain and see if they wise up. I am tired of leftists and their smarmy self-righteous ideology that they refuse to accept the consequences of.

Moynihan said all politics is local, might as well use the invasion to some benefit and let their situation bite them on the butt.

:thumbsup:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2023, 10:02:48 pm »
Kamaji shouts:
"That is what y'all voted for.  Maybe going forward:  DON'T VOTE FOR DEMOCRATS!"

Fishrrman's prediction:
The overwhelming majority of them will KEEP RIGHT ON voting for the dcommunists. It's baked into them.

and Vulcan erupts with:
"I am just to the point where we let these fools feel the pain and see if they wise up."

They will not wise up.
Indeed, as the level of pain increases, they'll only blame "the Republicans" more... and more.
And keep right on voting for communists.