Author Topic: We know what it means to add 82 million people. Do we want to do it again?  (Read 226 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
We know what it means to add 82 million people. Do we want to do it again?
Jeremy Beck's picture

PUBLISHED:  Thu, MAY 11th 2023 @ 9:41 am EDT  by  Jeremy Beck
The United States grew by 82 million people from 1990 to today, and could grow by another 50-120 million by 2060, depending immigration scenarios.

Since 1990, legal immigration has averaged more than 1 million per year; the largest wave of immigration in world history. Illegal immigration has fluctuated but is now running at historic levels.

H.R. 2 - if enacted with its E-Verify provision - will end the unsustainable surge of illegal immigration.

Contact Your Rep.
We don't have to guess at the impact of adding another 82 million people; we can see the impact right now.

"There is no mayor of a US city that could honestly say that they need or want more people to house, feed and find jobs for," writes Karen Shragg, "and yet we remain at a loss to find a way forward to curb mass immigration."

https://www.numbersusa.com/blog/we-know-what-it-means-add-82-million-people-do-we-want-do-it-again
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
If Mr. Trump makes stopping the illegal invasion the centerpiece of his campaign -- promising to completely CLOSE the border, and also to deport all illegals who have entered since 2021, he'll win the election... (underground election apparatus or no...)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If Mr. Trump makes stopping the illegal invasion the centerpiece of his campaign -- promising to completely CLOSE the border, and also to deport all illegals who have entered since 2021, he'll win the election... (underground election apparatus or no...)
I believe you are correct. Legal immigrants would be likely to vote for him, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis