Author Topic: Report: Plastic Waste Recycling Could Massively Increase CO2 Emissions  (Read 127 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY JOHN HUGH DEMASTRI ON MAY 15, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Report: Plastic Waste Recycling Could Massively Increase CO2 Emissions

Efforts to increase the recycling of plastic waste could lead to a huge boost in greenhouse gas emissions, thanks to energy-hungry chemical processes, according to The Wall Street Journal Wednesday.

Chemical recycling, an emissions-heavy process where plastics are heated and pressurized to be broken down into oils and other components, is a growing method of plastics recycling in the U.S., the WSJ reported. [emphasis, links added]

Data from Chemical Market Analytics — an analytics firm owned by WSJ-parent Dow Jones that studies the plastics industry — indicates that efforts to boost recycling will invariably lead to a significant increase in the use of chemical recycling techniques, with a greater emissions surge accompanying higher rates of recycling.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/report-plastic-waste-recycling-could-massively-increase-co2-emissions/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson