Author Topic: An EPA Death Sentence For Fossil-Fuel Power Plants  (Read 115 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
An EPA Death Sentence For Fossil-Fuel Power Plants
« on: May 16, 2023, 10:16:43 am »
WRITTEN BY WSJ EDITORIAL BOARD ON MAY 15, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

An EPA Death Sentence For Fossil-Fuel Power Plants

blackout repair truckProgressives groused that the Inflation Reduction Act lacked “enforcement mechanisms” to punish fossil fuels. Well, the White House took care of that Thursday with a new 681-page Environmental Protection Agency proposed rule that amounts to a death sentence for fossil-fuel power plants.

The Supreme Court last summer blocked the Obama Clean Power Plan, which would have forced a generational shift in electric power to renewables from coal. [emphasis, links added]

The Biden EPA’s plan would do that and more by other means that are also probably unconstitutional.

Section 111 of the Clean Air Act says the EPA can regulate pollutants from stationary sources through the “best system of emission reduction” that is “adequately demonstrated.”

https://climatechangedispatch.com/an-epa-death-sentence-for-fossil-fuel-power-plants/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson