Author Topic: Proposed platform for my (hypothetical) run for President  (Read 2366 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Proposed platform for my (hypothetical) run for President
« on: April 22, 2023, 06:58:06 pm »
The following is my proposed platform for my (hypothetical) run for President of the United States.

I'm a 75-year-old male Anglo-Saxon protestant Natural Born Citizen of the United States of America with at least eleven ancestors who came here on the Mayflower. I'm retired Vietnam veteran with no ties, financial or otherwise, to ANY foreign government and that has been so for an exceedingly long time.

Watching my country die is killing me so I've decided that I must run for the Presidency of the United States of America. My platform is exceedingly simple. If you choose to elect me to this office, I will dedicate myself to the following.

If the federal government is doing anything outside the boundaries prescribed for it in our constitution, I will do everything in my power to end those things and thus restore this Republic to that which our founders envisioned.

Thank you! I ask you for your support and your vote!

What do you think?

Comments or suggestions appreciated.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
Re: Proposed platform for my (hypothetical) run for President
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2023, 07:14:05 pm »
"Report of
2020 Platform & Resolutions Committee

Preamble
1. Affirming our belief in God, we still hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. Throughout the world, people dare to dream of freedom and opportunity.

The Republican Party of Texas unequivocally defends that dream. We strive to preserve the freedom given to us by God, implemented by our Founding Fathers, and embodied in the Constitution. We recognize that the traditional family is the strength of our nation. It is our solemn duty to protect innocent life and develop responsible citizens. We understand that our economic success depends upon free market principles. If we fail to maintain our sovereignty, we risk losing the freedom to live these ideals."

If the federal government is doing anything outside the boundaries prescribed for it in our constitution, I will do everything in my power to end those things and thus restore this Republic to that which our founders envisioned.

You have my vote!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 07:15:47 pm by Texas Yellow Rose »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2023, 08:04:30 pm »
You absolutely have my vote!!!!   :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2023, 08:06:49 pm »
You absolutely have my vote!!!!   :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Thanks @libertybele

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2023, 08:25:29 pm »
   I'd even man the phone banks for ya @Bigun (If you'd have me).    :patriot:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2023, 08:28:17 pm »
   I'd even man the phone banks for ya @Bigun (If you'd have me).    :patriot:

Thanks @corbe Of course I would! And you'd do a great job!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2023, 09:00:52 pm »
I'm on the Bigun Train!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online berdie

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2023, 08:30:54 pm »
I'm in @Bigun:laugh:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2023, 09:02:40 pm »
I'm in @Bigun:laugh:

Thanks @berdie and everyone else.

Of course, this is all academic, but I truly believe that someone could run on that basis and win if they were tough enough to not back down and had the ammo to blunt the media attacks that would surely come.

I'm having cataract surgery early Monday morning so I might be absent for a little while.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2023, 09:39:39 pm »
The following is my proposed platform for my (hypothetical) run for President of the United States.

I'm a 75-year-old male Anglo-Saxon protestant Natural Born Citizen of the United States of America with at least eleven ancestors who came here on the Mayflower. I'm retired Vietnam veteran with no ties, financial or otherwise, to ANY foreign government and that has been so for an exceedingly long time.

Watching my country die is killing me so I've decided that I must run for the Presidency of the United States of America. My platform is exceedingly simple. If you choose to elect me to this office, I will dedicate myself to the following.

Thank you! I ask you for your support and your vote!

What do you think?

Comments or suggestions appreciated.

:patriot: :patriot: :beer:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2023, 05:19:03 am »

I'm having cataract surgery early Monday morning so I might be absent for a little while.

I had cataract surgery last year and never had any issues.  It was a piece of cake!