Author Topic: Thought For The Day by John Jaeger, MBA  (Read 24448 times)

Online ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: Thought For The Day by John Jaeger, MBA
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2023, 07:49:04 pm »
There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will be to treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity.— Nathaniel Branden, Canadian Psychotherapist
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2023, 08:31:42 pm »
There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will be to treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity.— Nathaniel Branden, Canadian Psychotherapist

LOL!  Leftists have an extremely high level of self esteem, yet they are the worst people on the planet.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2023, 10:44:43 pm »
LOL!  Leftists have an extremely high level of self esteem, yet they are the worst people on the planet.

Analyze that point carefully.  Is it perhaps that Leftists CLAIM intellect, rationality and morality, but deep down inside,
they know that they are really low-lifes and so their self-esteem is seriously compromised?  They're bitter, petulant,
dishonest and very unhappy overall.  These are not characteristics of people with true high-level self-esteem, as you
and I have.   Conservatives are consistently happier people.  The most mentally unstable are Leftist women, according
to studies.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "It is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2023, 11:51:12 pm »
Analyze that point carefully.  Is it perhaps that Leftists CLAIM intellect, rationality and morality, but deep down inside,
they know that they are really low-lifes and so their self-esteem is seriously compromised?  They're bitter, petulant,
dishonest and very unhappy overall.  These are not characteristics of people with true high-level self-esteem, as you
and I have.   Conservatives are consistently happier people.  The most mentally unstable are Leftist women, according
to studies.

Good points!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2023, 12:00:33 am »
to studies.

:thumbsup:

Online ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2023, 12:52:55 am »
:thumbsup:

Thank you for the :thumbsup: friend!

I get those every single day I hold up my sign in my car to the car next to me at a red light.
The sign reads "BRAKE LIGHT OUT"

Almost invariably I get a thumbs up from the driver.  Then I flip the sign over to the other side which reads:
"NO BIDEN SUPPORTER HELPED YOU"

Almost invariably I get laughter even here in Southern California.  Occasionally I get a bitter look or a middle finger.
I just laugh at them and point, so they know they are idiots whose opinions only make me laugh at them.

Online ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2023, 06:14:14 pm »
"Experts and the educated elite have...replaced what worked with what sounded good. Society was far more civilized before they took over our schools, prisons, welfare programs, police departments and courts. It's high time we ran these people out of our lives and went back to common sense." -- The Late Walter Williams, Economics Professor, George Mason University

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2023, 06:19:42 pm »
Walter was correct about a LOT of things!  I miss him....Now there is nobody to tell me to go to the head of the class.... :crying:
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2023, 06:46:31 pm »
Walter was correct about a LOT of things!  I miss him....Now there is nobody to tell me to go to the head of the class.... :crying:

For several years I carried on a running correspondence with Dr. Williams from which I learned a great deal. He was and is a giant! I sorely miss him.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DB

« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2023, 08:01:57 pm »
For several years I carried on a running correspondence with Dr. Williams from which I learned a great deal. He was and is a giant! I sorely miss him.

That's awesome!

Online ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2023, 08:36:12 pm »
I invited him to my home for any visit to California, in place of checking into a hotel.  I told Dr. Williams he would be welcome to use my 21 speed road bike during his stay for exercise.   He said "That would take some getting used to" and never was my guest, alas. He hosted the Rush Limbaugh Show and when a smartaleck woman called in to say, "You're a conservative!" as a criticism, he replied, "Oh no, ma'am, I'm a radical."

Online ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2023, 05:53:43 pm »
"Morality is the necessary spring of popular government.... Let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without Christianity." - - George Washington

Homosexual perversion, molesting and grooming children, and transgender insanity are the worst kind of immorality and destructiveness.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2023, 04:19:41 am »
".... no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end." - Ecclesiastes 3:11

"There is an infinite amount of research to do." - Scientists, eager for an infinite amount of government grants, confirming Ecclesiastes 3:11

Of course. They spend a lot of time asking the wrong questions and looking in the wrong places.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2023, 08:13:18 am »
Of course. They spend a lot of time asking the wrong questions and looking in the wrong places.

@Smokin Joe

Well,if they already knew it all,there would be no reason to do any research,and nobody ever found the "right places" without discovering a few "wrong places" first.

It's just the nature of the bidnez.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2023, 12:12:10 pm »

With equipment that is not properly calibrated and located in places that predetermine the values.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2023, 09:54:02 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Well,if they already knew it all,there would be no reason to do any research,and nobody ever found the "right places" without discovering a few "wrong places" first.

It's just the nature of the bidnez.
First off, no one will ever know it all. And yes, every answer brings more questions.

I don't have so much a problem with looking the wrong place, either, as long as the logic was sound. After all, I'm an oilfield geologist, and despite our best efforts we occasionally still drill dry holes. But if it isn't there, we know it isn't when we're done, and can move on.

The problem is one of researchers asking the wrong questions, questions designed to produce an indeterminate result, which, coupled with standard academic closings of any research paper will lead to the conclusion that more research is needed, perpetuating the grant money stream.

In industry, a definitive answer is worth money.
In academia, the research is moneymaker, answers (unless patentable), not so much.

Which is why the sex life of Ordovician Brachiopods is left to academia, while industry focuses on smaller/lighter/faster/stronger/more efficient/more productive, etc.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #91 on: July 03, 2023, 01:31:45 pm »
"The science to which I pinned my faith is bankrupt. Its counsels, which should have established the millennium, have led directly to the suicide of Europe. I believed them once. In their name I helped to destroy the faith of millions. And now they look at me and witness the great tragedy of an atheist who has lost his faith." - George Bernard Shaw, lifelong atheist until just before his death, 1950, Too True to Be Good

Online ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2023, 01:18:16 pm »
If atheism is so "rational" and "scientific," then why do atheists leave their beliefs more frequently than any other religion?  The U.S. Supreme Court declared that atheism is a religion. - Torcaso v. Watkins, 367 U.S. 488 (1961)

Online ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #93 on: July 05, 2023, 08:24:15 pm »
"For me, and I suspected for a growing number of young people, I had to divest myself of the “silly” ideas instilled in me by science, not religion; in the twenty-first century, science, not the Church, is the oppressor that champions a worldview that has to be cast off." – George Stanciu, St. John’s College

Online corbe

« Reply #94 on: July 05, 2023, 09:41:21 pm »
   People will always ask questions above their Rational to comprehend.  It's referred to as Human Perspective and I believe it to be encoded in our DNA.

Just look at the Historical, Archaeological and Geological record of our planet with your Religious Blinders off, perhaps you will have a whole different perspective, like me.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #95 on: July 05, 2023, 09:55:16 pm »
   People will always ask questions above their Rational to comprehend.  It's referred to as Human Perspective and I believe it to be encoded in our DNA.

Just look at the Historical, Archaeological and Geological record of our planet with your Religious Blinders off, perhaps you will have a whole different perspective, like me.

As the saying goes, one's reach should exceed one's grasp.

Online corbe

« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2023, 10:21:37 pm »
   I would assume you are very much alone in your chosen Career Field @ChemEngrMBA
   Most in your field would follow (Proven) Science and not dabble in Theology, correct me if I'm wrong.

I admire your tenacity.   :beer:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #97 on: July 06, 2023, 12:59:32 am »
As the saying goes, one's reach should exceed one's grasp.

... or what's a heaven for?

Online corbe

« Reply #98 on: July 06, 2023, 01:14:53 am »
   I don't deny the positive that Religion has had on Mankind, especially in the foundation of Governments.  Ever
 since Constantine adopting Christianity in ancient Rome. 
   I also cannot deny the Evil, in the name of their perceived G_d, that they have wrought across our Societal Map through the AGES.

Online ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #99 on: July 06, 2023, 01:30:38 am »
   I would assume you are very much alone in your chosen Career Field @ChemEngrMBA
   Most in your field would follow (Proven) Science and not dabble in Theology, correct me if I'm wrong.

I admire your tenacity.   :beer:

My Dear Corbe,
Thank you for your genuine and kind remarks.   There are a number of factors which figure in to people schooled in sciences and their theological expressions or comments.  Most don't want to be confrontational or argue and it's easier to just go with the naturalistic/atheist/intellectual flow.  Don't rock the boat or make waves, as it were.

However this is a critically important subject to each and every one of us.  Don't get it wrong!   There are so many persuasive scientific, historical, and paleontological findings that point to Nature's God, I can't see how anyone can doubt His Existence.
As I have said many times, 85% of Nobel Laureates in the sciences are believers. Don't anyone tell me they are stupid or "bible thumpers."  You see, atheists are always the first ones to thump a Bible whenever you point out scientific evidence for Nature's God.

I have no problem standing alone in any size crowd. I've done so before many times.  I once emailed the entire Harvard Law School faculty over the bizarre, emotional rant of one of their professors, who "almost threw up" when the President suggest that perhaps some research was warranted to discover why men overwhelmingly prefer math, engineering and science, compared to women.

This was upsetting to Little Miss Feminist to think that ::: gasp:::: men and women are......different.

Nobody responded to me with any counterpoints in defense of their crybaby professor.

I have also challenged experts in their own fields when they were wrong and had my letters of challenge published in the Wall Street Journal and National Geographic Magazine.

It is fun to have fun but you have to know how. - The Cat in the Hat (page 28 I do believe)