Author Topic: Thought For The Day by John Jaeger, MBA  (Read 28309 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Thought For The Day by John Jaeger, MBA
« Reply #225 on: February 04, 2024, 02:28:03 pm »
Many "conservatives" enjoy being lied to. Otherwise, they would stop listening to the lies.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #226 on: February 04, 2024, 02:51:24 pm »
Many "conservatives" enjoy being lied to. Otherwise, they would stop listening to the lies.

@Bigun

Human nature decrees that we would rather hear "comfortable lies" than "uncomfortable truths"

Don't believe it?

Ask ANYBODY that has ran for election to public office.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #227 on: February 10, 2024, 08:51:40 pm »
Simon Greenleaf – professor of law at Harvard in the 1800s
His three-volume work, A Treatise on the Law of Evidence, has been considered by The Supreme Court to be the greatest single authority on legal evidence.

He said, “If the evidence for the resurrection was set before any unbiased courtroom in the world it would be judged to be an historical fact - Jesus Christ rose from the dead.”
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "Wow, beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #228 on: February 11, 2024, 01:05:12 am »
The greater miracle would be finding that unbiased courtroom.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #229 on: February 18, 2024, 12:55:29 am »
"To rescue us from our troubled lives, the liberal agenda recommends denial of personal responsibility, encourages self-pity and other-pity, fosters government dependency, promotes sexual indulgence, rationalizes violence, excuses financial obligation, justifies theft, ignores rudeness, prescribes complaining and blaming, denigrates marriage and the family, legalizes all abortion, defies religious and social tradition, declares inequality unjust, and rebels against the duties of citizenship." - Amazon.com's description of The Liberal Mind - Psychological Causes of Political Madness by Lyle Rossiter, MD
« Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 12:57:29 am by ChemEngrMBA »
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "Wow, beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #230 on: February 21, 2024, 12:42:02 pm »
"It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error." --Supreme Court Justice Robert H. Jackson (1892-1954)

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #231 on: February 24, 2024, 06:06:43 pm »
"Consider why shrinking government is moral. The more the federal government provides for people, the more it deprives them not only of their dignity, but of one of the most sacred rights.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Offline corbe

« Reply #232 on: February 25, 2024, 02:11:19 am »
"Consider why shrinking government is moral. The more the federal government provides for people, the more it deprives them not only of their dignity, but of one of the most sacred rights.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Trump did more to outreach Federal Government extensions and shut down our Constitutional
 Rights than any President, absent Lincoln, just saying.

*Surpassing GWB's Patriot  Act.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 02:18:06 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #233 on: February 25, 2024, 06:11:42 pm »
Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words. - Proverbs 23:9

(This is why it is futile to respond to Leftists supporting abortion, millions of illegals, Hamas terrorists, transgender insanity, and Biden.)

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #234 on: February 27, 2024, 03:17:52 am »
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #235 on: February 28, 2024, 06:28:49 pm »
“Men became scientific because they expected law in nature and they expected law in nature because they believed in a lawgiver.’ It was this conviction that led Francis Bacon (1561–1626), regarded by many as the father of modern science, to teach that God has provided us with two books – the book of Nature and the Bible .” – Professor John Lennox, Oxford University, the motto of which is "The Lord is My Light"

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #236 on: February 29, 2024, 05:53:18 pm »
This country has shed more blood for other people than all the other countries in the world combined, and I'm tired of people feeling like they've got to apologize for America.  - Fred Thompson (1942-2015)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 05:55:55 pm by ChemEngrMBA »

Offline corbe

« Reply #237 on: March 01, 2024, 02:57:42 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #238 on: March 03, 2024, 12:19:25 am »
"While we are zealously performing the duties of good citizens and soldiers, we certainly ought not to be inattentive to the higher duties of religion. To the distinguished character of Patriot, it should be our highest glory to add the more distinguished character of Christian." --George Washington

Offline LMAO

« Reply #239 on: March 03, 2024, 12:20:51 am »
Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words. - Proverbs 23:9

(This is why it is futile to respond to Leftists supporting abortion, millions of illegals, Hamas terrorists, transgender insanity, and Biden.)

@ChemEngrMBA

:yowsa: :amen:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #240 on: March 03, 2024, 07:28:01 pm »
The one who walks with the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd.  The one who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been. - Albert Einstein

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #241 on: March 04, 2024, 04:40:29 pm »
“In ten years [I.E. 1980] all important animal life in the sea will be extinct. Large areas of the coastline will have to be evacuated because of the stench of dead fish.”

“By 1985, enough millions will have died to reduce the earth’s population to some acceptable level, like 1.5 billion people.” (Eco-Catastrophe!, 1969), Paul R. Ehrlich, Stanford University biologist, *scientist*
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 10:52:09 pm by ChemEngrMBA »

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #242 on: March 05, 2024, 10:51:36 pm »
“I would take even money that England will not exist in the year 2000.” – Paul Ehrlich in 1970   

“In the 1970s and 1980s, hundreds of millions of people will starve to death in spite of any crash programs embarked upon now.” - The Population Bomb (1968), by Paul R Ehrlich, *scientist*

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #243 on: March 06, 2024, 03:58:12 pm »
"A fool contributes nothing worth hearing and takes offense at everything." - Aristotle

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #244 on: March 07, 2024, 08:01:05 pm »
"The success of Darwinism was accompanied by a decline in scientific integrity.
This situation, where scientific men rally to the defence of a doctrine they are unable to define scientifically, much less demonstrate with scientific rigour, attempting to maintain its credit with the public by the suppression of criticism and the elimination of difficulties, is abnormal and undesirable in science." - Professor W. R. Thompson, Introduction to the 1956 reprint of 'The Origin of Species: The Preservation of Favored Races in the Struggle for Life'

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #245 on: March 08, 2024, 08:15:20 am »
"The success of Darwinism was accompanied by a decline in scientific integrity.
This situation, where scientific men rally to the defence of a doctrine they are unable to define scientifically, much less demonstrate with scientific rigour, attempting to maintain its credit with the public by the suppression of criticism and the elimination of difficulties, is abnormal and undesirable in science." - Professor W. R. Thompson, Introduction to the 1956 reprint of 'The Origin of Species: The Preservation of Favored Races in the Struggle for Life'

My end of the affair with Darwinism, especially evolution, was the increased knowledge of paleontology, with myriad quantum leaps in organismic complexity achieved through the almost Lamarkian coalescence of multiple major advances simultaneously in some hypothetical ancestral stock. As a matter of probability, the odds are staggeringly large against even one such transition, yet we were to believe that numerous such transitions had been made on the lengthy journey from coacervate molecules to Homo sapiens.

While, admittedly, transitional forms would be theoretically of short duration and scarce in the fossil record, they continue to be absent, dependent on such things as neotenic tunicate larvae on the way to amphioxis.

But Darwinism had the tremendous benefit as a mindset, allowing for the classification of some forms, even of our own species, as "primitive", evidenced by differing levels of technological development which contributed* to a lack of time to spend pondering in omphaloskepsis vs grubbing up the resources necessary for survival, and as such, something to be exploited more as a resource than treated as human, and whose unrecognized natural resources were fair game.

This played into the Europe of the Enlightenment, being the only thing needed to justify an era of colonialism to any who might have had qualms about looting resources, but even better, giving less than human status to any group justified in the minds of many acts which were every bit as savage as the behaviour of those who were dubbed thus,  mindset which persists to this day among any groups who consider themselves superior to others without just cause. I must note that those who conduct themselves in this way consider themselves superior through intellectual, economic, or even genetic circumstance, and as such, all others are lesser, and fair to subject to any and all depredations. (Consider those "elites" who would have us all eat bugs or artificial protein while they eat real meat.)

(*This is a chicken/egg problem. Lack of technology fosters a lack of time and energy to develop technology; survival comes first. Without abundant resources, time is spent gathering needed resources. With technology, resources can be multiplied, granting additional time to develop more technology, but the time to develop technology simply may not be available for small groups, thus their level of technological development remains low.) 
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #246 on: March 08, 2024, 06:10:43 pm »
"It was the marvelous fit of organisms to the environment, much more than the great diversity of forms, that was the chief evidence of a Supreme Designer." -  (Richard Lewontin, Scientific American, September 1978, p. 213)

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #247 on: March 10, 2024, 04:56:36 pm »
"THE TRUTH IS that climate policies hurt the poor everywhere, even in countries like the United States, because higher energy prices have a disproportionate negative impact on the poor. " - Bjorn Lomborg, False Alarm, page 143

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #248 on: March 12, 2024, 02:25:03 am »
Alarm rather than genuine scientific curiosity, it appears, is essential to maintaining funding. And only the most senior scientists today can stand up against this alarmist gale, and defy the iron triangle of climate scientists, advocates and policymakers. - Richard Lindzen, MIT Professor of Atmospheric Science at MIT (Wall Street Journal, April 12, 2006)

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #249 on: March 12, 2024, 06:21:51 pm »

"We must hate," Bolshevik leader Vladimir Lenin exhorted his followers. "Hatred is the essence of communism."

"We can and must write in a language which sows among the masses hate, revulsion, and scorn toward those who disagree with us." - Vladimir Lenin, atheist, Leftist

["Democrat"  substitutes today for "Vladimir Lenin"]