Author Topic: Atheist Fantasy of Multiverse is Anti-Science  (Read 158 times)

bigheadfred and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
Atheist Fantasy of Multiverse is Anti-Science
« on: Today at 04:56:25 pm »
How can atheists delude themselves that there is an infinite number of universes to try to circumvent the Anthropic Principle which is a scientific analysis of the statistical insuperability of physical constants necessary for THE ONLY universe possible, ours?
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "Wow, beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Online Hoodat

Re: Atheist Fantasy of Multiverse is Anti-Science
« Reply #1 on: Today at 05:10:50 pm »
Not sure about that premise since the same physical constants in our universe could be applied to others.  Don't want to place limits on what G-d can do.  But there is the matter of how 'infinite number of universes" came to be in the first place.  Wouldn't there need to be a Creator for that?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:41:36 pm »
The point made by the Anthropic Principle analysis is that these many values are so precise and so many that they are IMPOSSIBLE unless established by intelligent design.  Why would the intelligent designer make numerous identical universes?
Atheists formerly claimed that our universe was too large just to have been made for humans. Now they have gone crazy in the other direction and evidently carried you along with them.
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "Wow, beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:53:08 pm »
Why would the intelligent designer make numerous identical universes?

Because He has OCD?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #4 on: Today at 08:01:02 pm »
Some of the best SF movies and novels I have read are using the theme of the multiverse.

Makes for wonderful reading and/or watching
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online The_Reader_David

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:03:58 pm »
A few points:  first, the version of the multiverse that tries to avoid the obvious conclusions from the fine-tuning of physical constants should not be confused with the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics, which is trying to make quantum mechanics look more like classical mechanics by avoiding the collapse of the wave function when an observation is made.  (I find interpretations of quantum mechanics pointless, because having learned my physics in the reverse of the usual order -- quantum mechanics and general relativity first, since they impinged on my mathematical research, then classical physics from being asked to teach Calc III and Diff Eq -- I see no point in trying to make quantum mechanics look like classical mechanics.  We understand why large ensembles of quantum mechanical particles act classically because we understand quantum decoherence and have formulated statistical mechanics -- though it's not quite fair to say we understand statistical mechanics.)

Second, and this should be pointed out to any atheist invoking it:  Occam's razor favors a single transcendent deity as the source of our ordered universe over the existence of a vast, perhaps infinite, number of universes most of which have physics that doesn't lead to the interesting phenomena (like us) that we observe in the one universe we know by observation exists.  Moreover this multiplicity of other entities are just as unverfiable by observation as is God.  If they could be observed, they would, perforce be part of our universe, not part of another.  If the atheist really cannot stand the idea of a personal absolute as the source of being, he or she would be better off becoming a Taoist, and at least having a single, self-less absolute as the ground of being, rather than adopting a non-empiricially verfiable position that falls to Occam's razor when compared with monotheism.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.