Author Topic: Your Brain - Use It or Lose It  (Read 2495 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Your Brain - Use It or Lose It
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2024, 02:00:55 am »
I play Oxygen Not Included and Factorio for this sort of thing. :D

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2024, 02:56:28 am »
I usually do a Sudoku puzzle every day. I can do the Easy and Medium ones usually in a day... The hard ones can take me two days. *Done while on bathroom breaks only.

@ChemEngrMBA ... pertaining last puzzle... I am gonna guess two... The both men who met going to the town... so two.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 03:05:33 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2024, 03:16:30 am »
Okay all you thinkers, here is a riddle for you:

A prison was overcrowded and the warden decided to free a prisoner.  But he wanted someone to earn their way out.
So he brought in three prisoners to his office and said, "Behind you is a guard with a duffel bag containing five hats.
Three are black, and two are red.  He will put one on each of your heads at random.You will not be able to see the hat
on your own head but you can see the hats on other prisoners. If you can tell me the color of your hat, I will pardon you
immediately.  But you must not guess.  You agree that if you guess and are wrong, you will be shot immediately.

All agree.

First prisoner:  I can't tell. 
Second prisoner:  I don't know.
Third prisoner who is blind:  I know.

Does he?  Explain.

First prisoner could not have seen two red hats, lest he would know his hat was black.

Second prisoner would then know that either his hat or the third prisoner's hat was black (or both).  If he sees a red hat on the third prisoner, then he knows his hat is black.  Thus, the third prisoner must be wearing a black hat.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2024, 03:27:06 am »
Got one in 3 and the NY one in 4 today... with the wife's help on the last one.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2024, 11:08:38 am »
OK. Tried it, got it in 3.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2024, 04:49:43 pm »
This and a dollar will get me a cup of coffee at McDonalds.
But I don't drink coffee.

The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "Wow, beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist