Author Topic: Why The Air Force Needs the Stealthy B-21 Bomber  (Read 89 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why The Air Force Needs the Stealthy B-21 Bomber
« on: May 15, 2023, 05:05:58 pm »
Why The Air Force Needs the Stealthy B-21 Bomber
For several years, the Russian state-backed media has claimed its advanced air defenses can track and destroy stealth aircraft.
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATIONMAY 12, 2023
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

(Washington DC) Does America Really Need the B-21 Raider? The Russian state-backed media has for several years been claiming its advanced air defenses can track and destroy stealth aircraft, due to advanced computer processing, digital networking, and high-fidelity, longer-range radar systems.

Russian S-400 and S-500s
The Russian S-400s and S-500s, for example, reportedly reach longer ranges and detect aircraft on a wider range of frequencies, however, the ability to establish a moving target “track” and succeed in actually “hitting” or destroying a stealth aircraft is quite different than merely detecting that something is “there.”

Therefore, if advanced air defenses be able to see “stealth” aircraft such as bombers, does that make new platforms like the B-21 obsolete upon arrival?

The clear answer to this is likely no, for several reasons.

https://warriormaven.com/air/why-the-air-force-needs-the-stealthy-b-21-bomber
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson