Author Topic: Donald Trump blasts Ron DeSantis: 'He's got no personality'  (Read 1031 times)

Online corbe

Donald Trump blasts Ron DeSantis: 'He's got no personality'

by Ryan King, Breaking Politics Reporter 
May 15, 2023 08:12 AM

Former President Donald Trump blasted his top likely 2024 rival, Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL), by saying he has "no personality."

Trump, who would not commit to backing DeSantis if he clinches the GOP nod, gloated over his recent gains over the Florida governor in polls amid apparent backlash over his indictment. He also rebutted the governor's indirect digs about the party's recent spate of electoral losses under his term.

"Ron's not a winner because Ron, without me, wouldn't have won. If I would have left it alone, he would have lost by 30 points or more," Trump told the Messenger. "He's got no personality. And I don't think he's got a lot of political skill."

In the 2018 gubernatorial election cycle, Trump threw his weight behind DeSantis, who won a close race. Since then, DeSantis's popularity exploded, and Trump soured on him publicly as the governor's name began being floated as a possible 2024 contender.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/donald-trump-desantis-got-no-personality
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 04:15:55 pm by Cyber Liberty »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Donald Trump blasts Ron DeSantis: 'He's got no personality'
by Ryan King, Breaking Politics Reporter 
May 15, 2023 08:12 AM

Could this article be moved from this thread to its own @Cyber Liberty ?  The abortion issue is important and ought not be highjacked.

Thanks.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Donald Trump blasts Ron DeSantis: 'He's got no personality'
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2023, 04:20:54 pm »
Topic Split.  This article is off topic, which was abortion.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2023, 06:21:23 pm »
Because having a great personality is the most important requirement for a President....

Isn't that "style over substance" the exact thing about which conservatives have always complained?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2023, 06:45:04 pm »
*YAWN*

Cruz Redux. SOSDD.

And more orange colored bullcrap.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2023, 07:14:02 pm »
Goodness, with the Mr Magoo that’s currently the president, one would think there are more important issues than a bubbly personality.
Dems have the WEAKEST candidate and all we hear is this crap? 
For all you've given Lord, I stand amazed.
Salvation covers me, forever changed!
In all I could not be, You met every need!
My sin, my broken life, Your cross, Your sacrifice
My hopelessness, my shame, Your faithfulness,  Your grace
The greatest mystery, Your awesome love for me.

Online berdie

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2023, 08:17:38 pm »
I haven't heard DeSantis speak so I have no idea about his personality. Sadly, this is a concern for some voters. The candidate needs to be cute and charismatic.  :shrug: No matter what they stand for.

I see a difference between no personality and abrasive personality. Depends on beliefs.

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2023, 08:51:37 pm »
Connecting with voters is a good thing.  happy77

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2023, 09:33:20 pm »
Sure he does.

He adopts whatever personality he needs at the time he needs it.

He probably still has dozens of personalities he has never used.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2023, 09:35:42 pm »
Goodness, with the Mr Magoo that’s currently the president, one would think there are more important issues than a bubbly personality.
Dems have the WEAKEST candidate and all we hear is this crap?

@debrawiest

Well,regardless of who the Republican candidate will be,they will have hundreds of thousands of illegal votes to counter in order to win.

If we could bring George Washington back to life and clone him,even he would have a tough time winning these days.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2023, 09:43:50 pm »
Trump needs to occupy his time with more important things, such as planning how to lose his next court case.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2023, 10:14:27 pm »
*YAWN*

Cruz Redux. SOSDD.

And more orange colored bullcrap.

:yowsa:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2023, 10:15:04 pm »
@debrawiest

Well,regardless of who the Republican candidate will be,they will have hundreds of thousands of illegal votes to counter in order to win.

If we could bring George Washington back to life and clone him,even he would have a tough time winning these days.

Truth.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2023, 12:03:21 am »
Sure he (DeSantis) does.

888high58888. @sneakypete

« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 12:05:23 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2023, 12:18:03 am »
Sure he does.

Purely your opinion and speculation.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2023, 12:50:25 am »
Man Trump has been recycling and retreading like crazy today. Out of material? Out of ideas?

Does he remember DeSantis was a congressman before Trump stepped on the stage?

Maybe he caught some of Biden's senility disease.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2023, 05:01:07 pm »
Man Trump has been recycling and retreading like crazy today. Out of material? Out of ideas?

Does he remember DeSantis was a congressman before Trump stepped on the stage?

Maybe he caught some of Biden's senility disease.

The singular idea that gave him the White House was his stance on immigration.  Predictably, he failed to achieve anything long-term in that regard, so we're now in a much worse position than we were when he took office.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2023, 05:02:36 pm »
The singular idea that gave him the White House was his stance on immigration.  Predictably, he failed to achieve anything long-term in that regard, so we're now in a much worse position than we were when he took office.

:thumbsup:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2023, 05:07:57 pm »

And I applaud his stance on that and a number of other issues he brought to the conversation. He did change the debate and shifted demographics to the GOP side, like blue collar Dems, completely busting the Rats hold on them.

But we need more than conversation. We need action and results, and so far DeSantis has been head and shoulders above everyone for getting things done.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2023, 05:09:40 pm »
The singular idea that gave him the White House was his stance on immigration

That to me was his signature issue, especially in light of what we see now
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2023, 05:15:15 pm »

This is true and as I have pointed out before; Trump had a full majority for 2 years and did nothing about the border or illegal immigration until just days before the new DEM House was seated.  Cruz on several occasions tried to get Trump to act -- he didn't listen.

Here we sit.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2023, 06:47:49 pm »
This is true and as I have pointed out before; Trump had a full majority for 2 years and did nothing about the border or illegal immigration until just days before the new DEM House was seated.  Cruz on several occasions tried to get Trump to act -- he didn't listen.

Here we sit.

And I think that was Trump's one and only chance to do it because he was working with a GOP Congress whose leadership was willing to give him a chance to set the agenda.  And because not all independence had yet chosen a side.

Even if he wins in 2024 and holds the House, there are too many Democrats who won't support anything that has Trump's name on it - even if they might otherwise be open to the policy itself.  The only things he'll be able to get done are whatever he can do by EO, and judges.  Other than that, his Presidency would be DOA.

Online ScottinVA

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2023, 09:09:04 pm »
Right… DeSantis doesn’t possess Trump’s ability to charm everyone around him.  Yet… somehow he’s personable enough to .. ahem .. WIN RE-ELECTION.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2023, 09:09:57 pm »
Right… DeSantis doesn’t possess Trump’s ability to charm everyone around him.  Yet… somehow he’s personable enough to .. ahem .. WIN RE-ELECTION.

And build coalitions to get legislation passed, even on controversial issues.

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2023, 06:50:34 pm »
"Hi, I'm a State Senator from South Dakota, I drove an hour to see you"  Rob DeSantis.... thanks......and walks away". (Video)

https://twitter.com/miguelifornia/status/1658874712158797824