Author Topic: Trump hits DeSantis on abortion, suggests 6-week abortion ban is ‘too harsh’  (Read 1742 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
No! @DCPatriot   A fertilized egg IS a human that will continue to develop nicely unless interfered with!

I has worked that way for a VERY long time now.

GAWD LUV YAH!! 

I never said differently.    Where are we disagreeing? 

What I'm noticing however is that the 'Usual Suspects' are dog-packing somebody who is speaking the truth.

Strip all the bullshit away...you know, the way, @roamer_1 does all the time, defending his bedrock Conservative fiscal responsibilities as being the one and only litmus test necessary to pass muster as a candidate.

The mother is necessary for that fertilized egg to become a physical human being...unless it's grown on an orbiting ship like in the movie OBLIVION.   :laugh:

That's the WAY it has worked for a  wink777 long time now! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Right_in_Virginia

Women have many ways to prevent pregnancies BEFORE they occur. I would suggest picking one of them.

All men need to do is keep it zipped.  Maybe prosecuting sperm donors for reckless endangerment is the solution we've ignored for too long.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 05:16:40 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline LMAO

Women have many ways to prevent pregnancies BEFORE they occur. I would suggest picking one of them.

That is certainly true. But I can tell you from personal experience they’re not 100%.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
All men need to do is keep it zipped.  Maybe prosecuting sperm donors for reckless endangerment is the solution we've ignored for too long.

I'm pretty damned sure that sperm donors can be held accountable these days and definitely should be.

You knock her up, you're responsible. End of story.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

I'm pretty damned sure that sperm donors can be held accountable these days and definitely should be.

You knock her up, you're responsible. End of story.

I'm not referring to child support..... Reckless endangerment demands prison time.

Offline LMAO

I was a huge Rush Limbaugh fan when he was alive. I don’t think we’ll ever find any other that can replace him. And it was a nice gesture for him to get the presidential freedom before he passed away. 

And he said something early on in his career about this issue that I 100% agree with. You don’t keep passing laws against abortion. You work to change the hearts and minds of people so that they choose life. Rush Limbaugh was pro life, but he took the most practical conservative position on this issue that I found myself agreeing with.

And it’s the same as Mr. conservative Barry Goldwater’s position on it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I'm not referring to child support..... Reckless endangerment demands prison time.

I'm not either! But it takes two to tango and that's been so from day one! Everyone needs to be held accountable for their actions.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 05:35:48 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

The brainwashing has been effective for some.

A STUNNING position. Both legally and morally. Utterly bereft of thought or conscience.
I don't see how folks fall for it.  **nononono*

An interesting aside, if one goes beyond the Bible, some prophets predicted in the end that the love of many would grow cold, and use the example of 'mothers having abortions within their wombs'. Historically, that has been interpreted as a failure of pregnancy... But we know better now. The Bible hints at this too... in the end, "even the women..."

24  Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 
25  Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. 
26  For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 

KJV Rom 1:24-26 [...]

'Even the women' - Like this is a special astonishment... Like women, of all things, would be the least likely...

Motherhood is such a hard-wired thing in every critter. Kipling got it right in 'The Female of the Species'... It is truly the most unnatural state for a female to kill her offspring. Especially in the womb.

Nothing is more pitiful and shameful than a mother choosing to kill her own child.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Wise advise.  100-200 years ago, a lot of young men strangely disappeared for sullying a man's daughter's honor.  Frontier justice is the best.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

Strip all the bullshit away...you know, the way, @roamer_1 does all the time, defending his bedrock Conservative fiscal responsibilities as being the one and only litmus test necessary to pass muster as a candidate.

Oh believe me @DCPatriot , I will rise to defend Life, before everything, anything.

In fact, I rise to defend any number of Conservative principles, and the Coalition itself... Fiscal conservatism is just the most inarguable low hanging fruit when it comes to the Tumpster.

Yet still y'all try.

Offline DCPatriot

I was a huge Rush Limbaugh fan when he was alive. I don’t think we’ll ever find any other that can replace him. And it was a nice gesture for him to get the presidential freedom before he passed away. 

And he said something early on in his career about this issue that I 100% agree with. You don’t keep passing laws against abortion. You work to change the hearts and minds of people so that they choose life. Rush Limbaugh was pro life, but he took the most practical conservative position on this issue that I found myself agreeing with.

...{cough...cough}

which is exactly what @Right_in_Virginia and myself have been saying.

RIP Rush!  :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Hold both parties accountable. Then.....put them together in the same cell.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

Sperm donors ARE prosecuted. A night of fun can result in twenty years of fortune siphoned away to support bastard children. The male has no right to kill the child or even refuse to pay - the payment is forced upon him, taken from him, often on nothing more than the testimony of the woman.

Meanwhile, women are saddled with no consequence, if they choose. Not even the nine months.

Yeah, men should keep it zipped.
And so should women.

And consequence should go BOTH WAYS.

Offline LMAO

Barry Goldwater

Offline DCPatriot

Oh believe me @DCPatriot , I will rise to defend Life, before everything, anything.

In fact, I rise to defend any number of Conservative principles, and the Coalition itself... Fiscal conservatism is just the most inarguable low hanging fruit when it comes to the Tumpster.

Yet still y'all try.

You might be fooling others here, but you're not fooling me one bit...coming on with that Tom Selleck cowboy twinkle.

Ya probably look like Bill Pullman in The Ballad of Lefty Brown!   wink777    :beer:

Offline roamer_1

It isn't reckless endangerment.

The consequence, for both, should be marriage.

Offline roamer_1

This is how it's supposed to work. Pay attention now, it's educational:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WonOudGMSdc

Offline roamer_1

Historically abortion has been against the law in all fifty states far longer than it has been legal.

And your position fails to account for the result: A burgeoning welfare state.

Both Rush and Goldwater were wrong.

Liberty has responsibilities.
Freedom has consequences.

Offline roamer_1

Ya probably look like Bill Pullman in The Ballad of Lefty Brown!   wink777    :beer:

@DCPatriot

A bit more grizzled... twice as big... and usually with a beard down to here. And nobody bends their hat that fool way. I wear a Gus, with the sides laid flat by the snow, and the front and back bent low to drain water. Though proper hat interpretation is prolly lost on city folks.   :shrug: happy77

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

As was I! And I fail to see any inconsistency in his position. The CONSTITUTION, and all the human history that preceded, it should prevail.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online berdie

Laying aside the volatile subject matter, I have a problem with people saying how something is handled but not stating their own position. jmho

Online Right_in_Virginia

Laying aside the volatile subject matter, I have a problem with people saying how something is handled but not stating their own position. jmho

I think folks on this thread have been pretty clear @berdie  happy77

Online berdie

I think folks on this thread have been pretty clear @berdie  happy77

I actually wasn't referring to folks on this thread @Right_in_Virginia. :laugh:

Online Right_in_Virginia

I actually wasn't referring to folks on this thread @Right_in_Virginia. :laugh:

Thanks.  :beer: