Author Topic: DeSantis steps in and meets with voters after Trump cancels Iowa rally, causing online firestorm  (Read 140 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 14, 2023 3:08pm EDT
DeSantis steps in and meets with voters after Trump cancels Iowa rally, causing online firestorm
DeSantis touted his record in Florida to voters in Iowa, who will be the first to cast ballots in 2024
By Michael Lee | Fox News

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis met with Iowa voters in Des Moines after former President Donald Trump canceled his event there, sparking debate about the reason for Trump's change of plans.

After a packed day of events in Sioux Center and Cedar Rapids, DeSantis made a surprise trip to Des Moines to talk to voters at Jethro’s BBQ Southside, just minutes from where Trump cited the potential for severe weather in canceling his planned Des Moines rally.

DeSantis, who has not yet announced a bid for president and has avoided directly addressing the former president, appeared to take a jab at Trump while in Des Moines, remarking that it was a "beautiful night."

"My better half and I have been able to be all over Iowa today, but before we went back to Florida we wanted to come by and say hi to the people of Des Moines," DeSantis told those gathered at the BBQ joint, according to the New York Times. "So thank you all for coming out. It’s a beautiful night, it’s been a great day for us."

The surprise appearance came after Trump's planned rally in Des Moines was abruptly canceled Saturday. While the campaign cited tornado watches and the potential for severe weather, the explanation drew skepticism from Iowa officials and speculation online that the former president may have feared a smaller than expected crowd at the event.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/desantis-steps-meets-voters-after-trump-cancels-iowa-rally-causing-online-firestorm
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

From the article….

While  the campaign cited tornado watches and the potential for severe weather, the explanation drew skepticism from Iowa officials and speculation online that the former president may have feared a smaller than expected crowd at the event.

Maybe. But there were severe weather warnings.

But if, and when,
Ron DeSantis announces, and if Trump’s crowds start to diminish along with his poll numbers,you’re going to see a lot of behavior issues from Trump.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 02:36:06 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy