Author Topic: Scoop: VP Harris quietly convenes abortion allies for 2024  (Read 166 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Scoop: VP Harris quietly convenes abortion allies for 2024
Alexi McCammond

Vice President Kamala Harris has been quietly forming a small, outside group of women allies to help amplify her role as the White House's leading warrior against GOP abortion bans, Axios has learned.

Why it matters: The 2024 election gives her an even bigger lane to lead on an issue that animates large swaths of the country, helped Democrats defy the odds in the 2022 midterms and that President Biden isn't as comfortable with.

Driving the news: Harris will return to the EMILY’s List gala next week to give a keynote on abortion — just like year after the Dobbs decision leak.

“Some Republican leaders are trying to weaponize the use of the law against women. How dare they? How dare they tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her own body?” she said at last year's gala.

The details: Harris convened a Wednesday meeting at the VP's residence, which has not been previously reported, with 14 women from across the reproductive rights space, as well as some from civil rights, faith and labor groups, per a Democratic official familiar with the situation.

Some of the women were frequent faces for a gathering like this — Alexis McGill Johnson of Planned Parenthood; NARAL's Mini Timmaraju; EMILY's List president Laphonza Butler; and Shaunna Thomas from UltraViolet.
    Others, such as Mary Kay Henry from the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) and Becky Pringle of the National Education Association, show how the VP is trying to expand this private clique of powerful women leaders.
    Harris sought input on how to bring together members from their various networks so that the White House’s message on abortion reaches across the country and doesn't get stuck in the D.C. echo chamber.
    The women also discussed how to draw interest to down-ballot races and candidates when most voters will be focused on the top of the ticket.

more
https://www.axios.com/2023/05/13/kamala-harris-abortion-access-2024

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Scoop: VP Harris quietly convenes abortion allies for 2024
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2023, 01:23:53 pm »
2024 is going to be all about abortion...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Scoop: VP Harris quietly convenes abortion allies for 2024
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2023, 01:43:46 pm »
Shouldn’t the Border Czar be at the border?  :shrug:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy