Author Topic: WaPo: Top six states with ‘clean energy’ are powered primarily by nuclear or hydropower — Not solar  (Read 215 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WaPo: Top six states with ‘clean energy’ are powered primarily by nuclear or hydropower — Not solar or wind. – USA’s huge drop in CO2 emissions due to natural gas replacing coal

Benji Backer: "The top six states with clean energy are powered primarily by nuclear or hydropower. Not solar or wind. Whether they know it or not, when "environmentalists" advocate against hydropower and nuclear, they advocate for INCREASING fossil fuels."

"The U.S.'s large reduction in carbon emissions has been from replacing coal with natural gas. WaPo acknowledging this reality is huge."

Image Image

By: Admin - Climate DepotMay 13, 2023 8:34 AM

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1648002000976764929.html

Benji Backer Profile picture
Benji Backer
The Washington Post just released a fascinating report on state-by-state energy consumption, showing which states are decarbonizing the fastest — and how they’re doing it.

The results go against everything you’ve heard in the mainstream narrative.

https://www.climatedepot.com/2023/05/13/wapo-top-six-states-with-clean-energy-are-powered-primarily-by-nuclear-or-hydropower-not-solar-or-wind-usas-huge-in-co2-emissions-due-to-nat-gas-replacing-coal/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Yep. Don't believe nuclear is counted as 'renewable' but around 40% of that figure is hydro, almost all of which are very old and would never be allowed to be built today.

So despite the propaganda hype, all this supposed progress in building solar and wind generation is still a tiny fraction of total generation, and I'm sure we have filled up all the prime sites and are heading toward marginal returns very quickly.
The Republic is lost.