Author Topic: Agnostic Carl Sagan's Inconsistencies are Anti-Science  (Read 243 times)

Offline ChemEngrMBA

• TBR Advisory Committee
Agnostic Carl Sagan's Inconsistencies are Anti-Science
« on: May 15, 2023, 03:08:50 am »
I could provide pages and pages of quotations from Carl Sagan's books where he trips over himself like this;

This vast number of worlds, the enormous scale of the universe... has not been taken into account, even superficially, in virtually no religion, and especially in no Western religions. - Carl Sagan

“The heavens proclaim the glory of God and the firmaments show his handiwork.”

"Cosmos is a Greek word for the order of the universe. It is, in a way, the opposite of Chaos. It implies the deep interconnectedness of all things. It conveys awe for the intricate and subtle way in which the universe is put together." - Carl Sagan

If God is omnipotent and omniscient, why didn't he start the universe out in the first place so it would come out the way he wants? Why's he constantly repairing and complaining? No, there's one thing the Bible makes clear: The biblical God is a sloppy manufacturer. He's not good at design, he's not good at execution. He'd be out of business, if there was any competition.

“If a Creator God exists, would He or She or It or whatever the appropriate pronoun is, prefer a kind of sodden blockhead who worships while understanding nothing? Or would he prefer his votaries to admire the real universe in all its intricacy? I would suggest that science is, at least in part, informed worship. My deeply held belief is that if a god of anything like the traditional sort exists, then our curiosity and intelligence are provided by such a god. We would be unappreciative of those gifts if we suppressed our passion to explore the universe and ourselves.” Carl Sagan The Varieties of Scientific Experience  1985

God is sloppy, not good at design, but oh my the “deep interconnectedness of all things,” the “intricacy.”

Sagan, always smiling, always putting down God, Christians and conservatives.

When I mailed a long list of errors in Cosmos to his publisher, Carl wrote me a letter asking me to buy his newest book.  I never bought a single one.  I checked them out at the library.  The hubris of this arrogant fop.  But I did sell his letter on EBay for $125.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 03:10:47 am by ChemEngrMBA »
The Book Commentary: "The book (Brilliant Creations - The Wonder of Nature and Life) is pure genius."
Review by John Orosz, M.D. "Wow, it is beyond outstanding. Please send me twenty signed copies for colleagues, family, and libraries."
"I was running every morning for twenty years with a genius." - Mike McCartney, D.D.S.
"You have the most agile mind of anyone I know." -
Avice Marie Griffin, PhD, Clinical Psychologist