Author Topic: COVID-19 pandemic killed more than 80K in NY, almost 1.13M across US, CDC tally shows  (Read 657 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 I call BS!

COVID-19 pandemic killed more than 80K in NY, almost 1.13M across US, CDC tally shows
By Carl Campanile   
May 14, 2023 4:38pm

The coronavirus pandemic, while officially over, has killed a staggering 80,000-plus New Yorkers — and a total 1.13 million Americans — impacting virtually every facet of our lives.

The latest data compiled by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows 80,485 people in New York state died during the COVID-19 emergency — about half of them in New York City.

The New York City region was the initial epicenter of the COVID outbreak, but its quick spread also affected the rest of the nation.

From March 2020 through last week — when a federal law approved by Congress and President Biden ended the emergency — the virus killed 1,127,928 Americans.

Some elected officials and public health experts are urging people to stay current with COVID vaccinations — especially the elderly and immunocompromised.     

“Even though the federal public health emergency has ended, I encourage every New Yorker to remain vigilant against COVID-19 and use all available tools to keep themselves, their loved ones and their communities safe and healthy,” Gov. Kathy Hochul said in her latest COVID update.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/05/14/covid-19-pandemic-kills-more-than-80k-in-ny-almost-1-28m-across-us-cdc-tally-shows/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The number of dead from the Wuhan Flu is bullshit.  Gov Hochel is bald face lying POS
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
From March 2020 through last week — when a federal law approved by Congress and President Biden ended the emergency — the virus killed 1,127,928 Americans.

The virus doesn't get all the credit. The approved treatments were a killer, too, and the inability of people to get the 'unapproved' treatments was another.

Another flaw was the financial incentive to label deaths as being form COVID. Hit by a bus but tested positive?
COVID.

Shot eight times and tested positive?

COVID.

etc.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

The virus doesn't get all the credit. The approved treatments were a killer, too, and the inability of people to get the 'unapproved' treatments was another.

Another flaw was the financial incentive to label deaths as being form COVID. Hit by a bus but tested positive?
COVID.

Shot eight times and tested positive?

COVID.

etc.

On top of which, deaths from the flu miraculously almost disappeared.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
We will never know how many people actually died from Covid, considering that no matter what the actual cause of death, cancer, flu, accident, whatever, if the person/corpse tested positive for Covid that was the COD...especially when hospitals were paid double for Covid patients.

Offline Kamaji

We will never know how many people actually died from Covid, considering that no matter what the actual cause of death, cancer, flu, accident, whatever, if the person/corpse tested positive for Covid that was the COD...especially when hospitals were paid double for Covid patients.

Basically.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, except for the nursing homes they stuffed COVID patients into, where most there had a raft of comorbidities and were not allowed to visit with kinfolks to keep even their morale up.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GrouchoTex

I agree that the statistics were inflated as these post mention.
I also find it curious that the daily death toll went away from the evening news, once Biden was in office.
I did hear a brief mention when it passed the 1 million mark, during Biden's time.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:bingo:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien