Author Topic: Howard University's criteria for Biden's honorary degree draws mockery as mental fitness questioned  (Read 817 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 May 14, 2023 4:53pm EDT
Howard University's criteria for Biden's honorary degree draws mockery as mental fitness questioned
April Gallup poll showed Biden's approval rating at all-time low of 37%

By Patrick Hauf | Fox News

President Joe Biden was awarded an honorary doctorate degree from Howard University on Saturday for his "analytical intellect" and "popularity on both sides" – claims mocked by conservatives on Twitter and contradicted by recent polls.

Dr. Wayne Frederick, the president of Howard University, introduced Biden with high praise at the school's 155th commencement on Saturday.

"Admired for your sound analytical intellect and open embrace for all, your popularity on both sides of the aisle of the United States led to your illustrious reputation and outstanding service of 36 years as a Democratic senator from Delaware beginning at a tender age of 29," Frederick said of Biden.

Conservatives mocked the description of Biden on Twitter, saying it "feels like parody."

"Was there any part of Biden’s visit that didn’t sound like trolling?" Matt Whitlock, a Republican consultant, tweeted. "Between the ‘popularity on both sides of the aisle’ and Biden’s phony condemnation of ‘those who seek to divide us’ (while his twitter account accuses R’s of shoving grandma off a cliff) this feels like parody."

https://twitter.com/mattdizwhitlock/status/1657717688049840128

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/howard-universitys-criteria-bidens-honorary-degree-draws-mockery-mental-fitness-questioned

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Kamaji

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Wow!
My opinion of Howard University just took a nose dive.
If the faculty and administrators are that STUPID, that far removed from reality, I can only imagine the intellect of the students. Is this some kind of 'special ed' school? Maybe it is a rehab facility and they were still high when they decided to do this insanity?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I wonder how large a donation China made to Howard to buy the big guy that worthless doctorate.

Offline Kamaji

I wonder how large a donation China made to Howard to buy the big guy that worthless doctorate.

That would be an interesting bit of research.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Now both Joe and Jill are Doctors.... :whistle:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 12:41:00 am by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Online mountaineer

He never had "sound analytical intellect," even before the dementia overtook him. He's always been a bigoted dolt.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Just heard that NASA has decided to make Joe Biden an 'honorary' astronaut and the Patriots have made him an 'honorary' quarterback. The accolades just keep on coming ... because Joe Biden is so great and all that. When will he follow Bammy and get a Nobel Peace Prize?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Wow!
My opinion of Howard University just took a nose dive.
If the faculty and administrators are that STUPID, that far removed from reality, I can only imagine the intellect of the students. Is this some kind of 'special ed' school? Maybe it is a rehab facility and they were still high when they decided to do this insanity?
Howard is a (formerly, anyway) respectable institution of higher learning which has traditionally had an overwhelmingly Black student body. Giving Biden an honorary degree lowers their bar, though.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Howard is a (formerly, anyway) respectable institution of higher learning which has traditionally had an overwhelmingly Black student body. Giving Biden an honorary degree lowers their bar, though.
Giving someone with such a lengthy and proven history of racism an honorary degree lowers the bar to sub surface.

Online mountaineer

Did he remind them they ain't black if they don't vote for him?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Honorary Degree of Letters ... but they didn't say which letters ...

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online mountaineer

Honorary Degree of Letters ... but they didn't say which letters
FJB.