Author Topic: A new design for homeland defense is in the works at NORTHCOM  (Read 213 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A new design for homeland defense is in the works at NORTHCOM
By Jen Judson
 Wednesday, May 10

WASHINGTON — A “vastly different” design for homeland defense is in the works at U.S. Northern Command, its leader said during a May 9 hearing before the Senate Strategic Forces Subcommittee.

Air Force Gen. Glen VanHerck noted he’d already recommended to the Pentagon a plan to change overall policy for homeland defense. But in addition to that, “I’m also in the middle of developing what I call ‘Homeland Defense Design 2035,’ ” he said, “which gets after … a new way of defending the homeland, and that’s vastly different than the way we do it today with fighters, tankers, [airborne warning and control systems aircraft], those kinds of things.”

NORTHCOM is responsible for guarding the continental United States. North American Aerospace Defense Command, which is housed with NORTHCOM, combines U.S. and Canadian efforts to monitor and protect North American airspace.

https://www.defensenews.com/congress/2023/05/10/a-new-design-for-homeland-defense-is-in-the-works-at-northcom/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: A new design for homeland defense is in the works at NORTHCOM
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2023, 02:06:56 pm »
 :scared smiley:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: A new design for homeland defense is in the works at NORTHCOM
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2023, 05:28:40 pm »
Skynet?
The Republic is lost.