Author Topic: DeSantis in Iowa Warns of GOP ‘Culture of Losing' as Weather Sidelines Trump's Event in the State  (Read 6085 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
So if someone endorses a candidate and that candidate does not win, then the endorser is a loser?  Is that your standard?  Asking for a friend.

Are your friends Herschel Walker and Mehmut Oz?   :cool:

Biggest Trump debacle ever......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

I have been quite vocal at placing the blame for the election defeats in 2022 at the feet of Mitch McConnell and Ronna McDaniel, both of whom Trump support.  I was just curious why you were making candidate endorsements a big issue considering Trump's track record.  But to each her own, right?

I'll be on the lookout for those DeSantis zealots who want to rub it in when some endorsed candidate wins or loses.  It will be much more entertaining than things that really matter like cleaning up the Justice Dept, firing NIH directors who violate US law, prosecuting government workers who abuse their power for political purposes, and most of all, spending money we don't have.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online LMAO

Outside of red areas, tying Trump to candidates,”MAGA Republicans,” has been very successful for Democrats. And not just one or two instances, either. Will that same thing work when it comes to Ron DeSantis? Way too early to tell.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 11:42:46 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online cato potatoe

Well, DeSantis is 0 for 2 tonight.  One primary and one election for Mayor in Jacksonville, FL ---- turning a red office blue for the first time in a decade.

You know Trump lost Jacksonville (Duval County), yes?  He was the first republican presidential candidate to lose Duval since 1976.  But overall, the area has trended left, and democrats outnumber republicans by roughly 5 points.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
DeSantards @Right_in_Virginia ???   *****rollingeyes*****  Childish!
Just channeling her inner Trump while getting her nickers in as knot over 'Trumpsters'.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 05:22:03 pm by GtHawk »

Offline roamer_1

Will that same thing work when it comes to Ron DeSantis? Way too early to tell.

Depends entirely if he can harness the factions of Conservatism together. When Conservative act as one, they're pretty hard to beat.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Just channeling her inner Trump while getting her nickers in as knot over 'Trumpsters'.

Hey, it's not my fault there's such a long list of nicknames to choose from out there ------ and not all are as pleasant as the one I posted.   :laugh:

How about this one:  DeSantoids.  Or, is this also too upsetting for you? 

Online Right_in_Virginia

You know Trump lost Jacksonville (Duval County), yes? 

But, I'm told Ronny is special ---- that he single-handedly turned Florida red and is the agent to end "the culture of losing".   Yet, his public and repeated endorsement has turned a mayor's office, in Florida, from red to blue ----- the first time in a decade. You understand my confusion, yes?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Hey, it's not my fault there's such a long list of nicknames to choose from out there ------ and not all are as pleasant as the one I posted.   :laugh:

How about this one:  DeSantoids.  Or, is this also too upsetting for you?
But whose fault is it when you get bent out of shape if someone hangs a nickname on Trump or his followers? There's a word for that...Hypocrisy, if you don't want the names than show the same respect to others, but that of course is something no one will ever see from the great(snicker) Trump.

Online Right_in_Virginia

But whose fault is it when you get bent out of shape if someone hangs a nickname on Trump or his followers?

I don't get bent out of shape ..... after all these years, I expect it from you, tiresome as it is.

But, this doesn't mean I can't find turnabout is fair play fun.   :laugh:

So, you're okay with "DeSantoid"?

Offline Kamaji

Online cato potatoe

But, I'm told Ronny is special ---- that he single-handedly turned Florida red and is the agent to end "the culture of losing".   Yet, his public and repeated endorsement has turned a mayor's office, in Florida, from red to blue ----- the first time in a decade. You understand my confusion, yes?

No I don’t believe you are confused.  DeSantis is not camped out in Jacksonville.  It was a standard endorsement.

Jacksonville has experienced a demographic shift - lots of blacks have moved south.  An open seat will favor the dems.  It is getting bluer while the surrounding counties turn redder.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
But, I'm told Ronny is special ---- that he single-handedly turned Florida red....

No, that's not it at all.  He's not a "single-handedly" kind of guy.  The only way he's been able to do as much as he's done on different issues is because he's got very capable, loyal subordinates.  Obviously, he gets credit for choosing them, but it's not like he's so uniquely special that he's our only hope.  Most of the folks I know who support him would be open to other sharp conservatives as well.  Hell, I personally leaned Pompeo until he decided not to run.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 03:16:12 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline roamer_1

No, that's not it at all.  He's not a "single-handedly" kind of guy.  The only way he's been able to do as much as he's done on different issues is because he's got very capable, loyal subordinates.  Obviously, he gets credit for choosing them, but it's not like he's so uniquely special that he's our only hope.  Most of the folks I know who support him would be open to other sharp conservatives as well.  Hell, I personally leaned Pompeo until he decided not to run.

Wouldn't it be grand to have a field of actual Conservatives to choose from? I mean 6-8 truly Conservative candidates, and not one true Conservative among 5-7 pretenders...

What a year that would be.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Alex Bruesewitz
@alexbruesewitz

Two weeks ago Team DeSantis was claiming that “Trump is done in Iowa!”

Latest poll out of Iowa from one of the most accurate pollsters has Trump extending his lead, now beating desantis by 42%.

9:02 AM · May 25, 2023

Online corbe

Polls mean nothing at this point in time.  H3ll we're 18 months from the Election. 
   Incidentally, the last time Trump was primaried in Iowa~HE LOST!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup: