Author Topic: DeSantis in Iowa Warns of GOP ‘Culture of Losing' as Weather Sidelines Trump's Event in the State  (Read 6103 times)

Offline Kamaji

Angst?
It's not angst.
Disgust, maybe...

Exactly.  Disgust at a childish, paranoid fool who, notwithstanding that he was once President, is compelled to do as much, if not more, damage to other republicans than the democrats have done so far. 

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
"Trumped Up" - Slanderous or libelous in nature.

The term seems to fit more than one meaning this election.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

I'm sticking around @Hoodat to witness the laments of the Trumper's Women and Children just as they witnessed the lament of mine in 16.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 11:35:42 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
????? Faint reading a tweet??  Seriously?  Such petty and false accusations @Right_in_Virginia   :silly:

Sometimes, you just need to give some folks the rope, and they'll do the rest.  It's not exactly like she's been converting a lot of folks to the cause.  More like the opposite.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

DeSantis in Iowa Warns of GOP ‘Culture of Losing'

Warning of a Republican “culture of losing,” Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis sought Saturday to weaken former President Donald Trump's grip on the GOP as he courted voters in battleground Iowa.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-desantis-iowa-2024-c2d56a9fec898b90614864904fc1bedb

Alex Bruesewitz
@alexbruesewitz

15 minutes into counting votes,Trump-endorsed @DanielCameronAG has just won the primary and will be the Republican nominee for Governor in the great state of Kentucky.

DeSantis-endorsed Kelly Craft is currently in third place.

Absolutely embarrassing for team DeSantis.

7:14 PM · May 16, 2023

johnny maga
@_johnnymaga

Horrible night for Desantis

The billionaire he backed in the KY primary got destroyed by Trump’s pick & a Democrat won the mayoral race in Jacksonville

7:50 PM · May 16, 2023

Offline Polly Ticks

Alex Bruesewitz
@alexbruesewitz

Cameron had orders of magnitude more name recognition here in Kentucky due to his vocal opposition to Beshear and his Democratic policies over the past years.  Endorsements had absolutely nothing to do with it. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Cameron had orders of magnitude more name recognition here in Kentucky due to his vocal opposition to Beshear and his Democratic policies over the past years.  Endorsements had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Sure.    :whistle:

Offline Hoodat

Trump's endorsement probably lost Bevin the election in 2019.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Here's another Trump-endorsed Kentucky politician:

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

I was gonna add a Picture of Ronna but I couldn't pass this up.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Polly Ticks

Sure.    :whistle:

Bless your heart.  Cameron has been very popular in this state for a long time. He fought tooth and nail against Beshear's ridiculous over-reaches in the name of covid, and Republican voters in the state appreciated it.

You stick to your state, and I'll stick to mine.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Polly Ticks

Trump's endorsement probably lost Bevin the election in 2019.

Nah.  That was all the teachers' union, which is apparently full of people who cannot do math.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

As best as I can tell, DeSantis' endorsement only happened yesterday, and in the form of robocalls last night.  It is quite likely that most Kentuckians disn't even know about it.

"Kentucky GOP gubernatorial nominee Daniel Cameron thanks Donald Trump for his support   “The Trump culture of winning is alive and well in Kentucky” (Video)

https://twitter.com/_johnnymaga/status/1658628297620697092

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Bless your heart.  Cameron has been very popular in this state for a long time. He fought tooth and nail against Beshear's ridiculous over-reaches in the name of covid, and Republican voters in the state appreciated it.

You stick to your state, and I'll stick to mine.

RiV could care less about our states.  It is all about Trumpy.  The Pu$$y grabber.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online cato potatoe

"Kentucky GOP gubernatorial nominee Daniel Cameron thanks Donald Trump for his support   “The Trump culture of winning is alive and well in Kentucky”

It was always alive in the primaries.  In the real election, notsomuch.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Truth.  He's the single most prominent personal in the party with the largest bloc of supporters, so his support is almost always going to be determinative in primaries with more than two candidates.

That pretty.much reverses in the general elections.

Sometimes, you just need to give some folks the rope, and they'll do the rest.  It's not exactly like she's been converting a lot of folks to the cause. 

Why would I waste my time trying to convert you?

I post for the guests and members who find themselves on these threads ---- to correct the rampant distortions and remind MAGA folks we've seen this movie before and we will prevail.

Well, DeSantis is 0 for 2 tonight.  One primary and one election for Mayor in Jacksonville, FL ---- turning a red office blue for the first time in a decade.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 05:10:43 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Hoodat

Well, DeSantis is 0 for 2 tonight.  One primary and one election for Mayor in Jacksonville, FL ---- turning a red office blue for the first time in a decade.

What does DeSantis have to do with the mayor's race in JAX or a primary three states away?  (See:  Association fallacy)

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

What does DeSantis have to do with the mayor's race in JAX or a primary three states away?  (See:  Association fallacy)

His coveted and public endorsement(s) of both.  (See: Blaming Trump for every loss in 2022)

Offline Hoodat

So if someone endorses a candidate and that candidate does not win, then the endorser is a loser?  Is that your standard?  Asking for a friend.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

So if someone endorses a candidate and that candidate does not win, then the endorser is a loser?  Is that your standard?  Asking for a friend.

Not my standard ---- it was the standard used to bash Trump in 2022 by every NT and by DeSantis, himself, for the same reason just a few days ago.

That the standard y'all set is being applied to Ronny is simply delicious poetic justice.  happy77

cc: @catfish1957

« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 06:36:59 am by Right_in_Virginia »