Author Topic: DeSantis in Iowa Warns of GOP ‘Culture of Losing' as Weather Sidelines Trump's Event in the State  (Read 6034 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

But I must have hit quite the nerve.

There's no doubt about it @LMAO   I think you knowingly lie.  So, yes, you hit a nerve.  It's unsurprising that you're proud of it.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 01:45:21 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline LMAO

There's no doubt about it @LMAO   I think you knowingly lie; and I think liars are the scum of the Earth.  So, yes, you hit a nerve.  It's unsurprising that you're proud of it.

Lol. Comment on a position somebody took in their own post, and they become upset with you.:shrug:

But….Flak…target.  happy77

I’m now done responding to your need for attention.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 04:59:15 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online corbe

Trump pushes back on DeSantis ‘culture of losing’ comment: ‘Ron is not a winner’

BY LAUREN SFORZA - 05/15/23 8:09 AM ET

Former President Trump is pushing back on Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’s (R) remarks calling on the GOP to reject a “culture of losing” in 2024, saying “Ron is not a winner.”

“First of all, I’m not at all caught up in the past. And second of all, I’m doing much better against [President] Biden than he is in the polls, and I’m doing much better against him,” Trump told The Messenger. “I mean, I’m beating [DeSantis] by 40 points in some polls, so he can talk about what he wants. And third of all, I did very well in the midterms.”

“Ron’s not a winner because Ron, without me, wouldn’t have won,” Trump added. “If I would have left it alone, he would have lost by 30 points or more.”

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4004435-trump-pushes-back-on-desantis-culture-of-losing-comment-ron-is-not-a-winner/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

“Ron’s not a winner because Ron, without me, wouldn’t have won,” Trump added. “If I would have left it alone, he would have lost by 30 points or more.”

<..snip..>

It is because of crap like this that Trump is going to lose.  Me, me, me, me.  He is worse than Obama.

So this one goes out to Trump:

Everyone's a Winner

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Just how many times have we seen this stupid trick by Trump...

I heard some folks are spreading the rumor/name/slur of "XYZ".... But I am not going to repeat the "XYZ" because I don't know if "XYZ" is true or not, but a lot of folks sure are talking about "XYZ" and I am above repeating "XYZ" even though I think "XYZ" is .... blah blah blah "XYZ"... Did you hear that in the back reporter? "XYZ...XYZ....XYZ....XYZ".
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, Desantis did carry the blue areas of Florida after 4 years of conservative leadership and results, despite Trump's claim of a failed state under that conservative leadership, so maybe the MAGA claim of repelling voters is BS. :shrug:
I don't see Trump bailing out of Florida like some New Yorker or Californian...

If DeSantis is so bad, you'd thing he'd have packed his bags by now.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Also if MAGA was really popular, Dr Oz would be a Senator along with Walker and Masters. Also, Kari Lake would be Gov. Instead they lost and GOP underperformed in 2022 big time.

Exactly.

Offline LMAO

From the article…..

And third of all, I did very well in the midterms.”

Delusional
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

From the article…..

Delusional

Yup.

Offline LMAO

I heard some folks are spreading the rumor/name/slur of "XYZ".... But I am not going to repeat the "XYZ" because I don't know if "XYZ" is true or not, but a lot of folks sure are talking about "XYZ" and I am above repeating "XYZ" even though I think "XYZ" is .... blah blah blah "XYZ"... Did you hear that in the back reporter? "XYZ...XYZ....XYZ....XYZ".

Watch him get worse after RDS officially announces

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

That's number 3 on the list of top guesses, although not defined further.
#2 is short and pudgy
#1 is stupid, dull

And, no, Trump doesn't refer to Ron as "meatball" ---- although the same cannot be said of meme world.  Trump's sticking with DeSanctimonious.

What a crock of crappola.  Statements about Ryan and Bush... where's the proof?  A smear tactic that Trump is trying that isn't working. 

His reference to continual testing???  A lie.  Keeping FL lockdown another lie.  We are one of the freeest states.

Trump's bullying worked in 16. People now know his pathetic attempts to smear.  Trump is afraid of DeSantis and it shows.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 01:02:21 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

Offline ScottinVA

Every time DeSantis speaks in public, he loses another swath of MAGA voters -- for life.

This is beginning to please me.    happy77

For every "lost" MAGA, he gains independents Trump will not win over, and NO GOPer wins without them.  Case in point -- DeSantis' 20-point victory in November, vs. Trump's defeat to none other than Biden in 2020.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 01:13:46 pm by ScottinVA »

Offline Kamaji

For every "lost" MAGA, he gains independents Trump will not win over, and NO GOPers wins without them.  Case in point -- DeSantis' 20-point victory in November, vs. Trump's defeat to none other than Biden in 2020.

MAGA was never going to vote for DeSantis anyways - even the Trumpistas on this forum have started threatening to not vote for DeSantis if Trump isn't the nominee.

Offline libertybele

MAGA was never going to vote for DeSantis anyways - even the Trumpistas on this forum have started threatening to not vote for DeSantis if Trump isn't the nominee.

Not so sure that is true, especially in FL.  DeSantis is a very popular and competent governor that governs conservatively.  People are flocking here.  Trump's claims are bogus.  His childish smear tactics and bullying will bury him should DeSantis run against him.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

For every "lost" MAGA, he gains independents Trump will not win over, and NO GOPers wins without them.  Case in point -- DeSantis' 20-point victory in November, vs. Trump's defeat to none other than Biden in 2020.

Exactly.  888high58888

Offline Kamaji

Not so sure that is true, especially in FL.  DeSantis is a very popular and competent governor that governs conservatively.  People are flocking here.  Trump's claims are bogus.  His childish smear tactics and bullying will bury him should DeSantis run against him.

Fair enough.  Still, there is a solid contingent of MAGA that, in what is just another blatant act of hypocrisy, have said they will not vote for DeSantis if he, rather than Trump, is the nominee.

Offline ScottinVA

They make that "take my ball and go home" noise all the time, but given the choice of a very successful and conservative, anti-woke FL governor and four more years of Biden, most of them will come around.

Offline Kamaji

They make that "take my ball and go home" noise all the time, but given the choice of a very successful and conservative, anti-woke FL governor and four more years of Biden, most of them will come around.

One hopes.

Offline libertybele

I think many are starting to realize that Trump is never going to make it into the oval office again and yes some will remain delusional Trumpsters.

Offline ScottinVA

From the article…..

Delusional

At the nomination level, yes, but his endorsees crashed and burned in the general elections... bigly. 

Offline ScottinVA

I think many are starting to realize that Trump is never going to make it into the oval office again and yes some will remain delusional Trumpsters.

Definitely... there'll be a core-group of dead-enders and holdouts who will scream "foul" whenever the Orange Odin loses.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Exactly.

The ultra orange MAGA crowd likes to think of themselves as the "silent majority", but in essence they are whiny screaming petulant little kids, who are anything but silent.  Many of us, who see RDS as an acceptable alternative to the orange noise, is really that crowd that Nixon/Reagan alluded to.

And there is a lot of MAGA I agree with, but the freakin' messenger just won't keep putting his foot in his mouth, plus he's gone off the populistic rails with Freedom City shit.  Why his adoring masses won't wake up, is beyond me.   I think it has been pretty well proven that Trump couldn't reach 50% of the popular vote even if he was running against Stalin.  Our  self inflicted wounds are keeping the dims in perpetual power. 
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 01:43:32 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

As opposed to delusional DeSantards, of course ----

I reluctantly voted for Trump in '16 and willingly in '20 as I felt he had this country pulled in a positive direction.

He will not receive another vote from me.  Notta.  Just not going to happen.

Offline Kamaji

Right on cue!  Wonder if the paycheck is in advance, or in arrears.