Author Topic: DeSantis in Iowa Warns of GOP ‘Culture of Losing' as Weather Sidelines Trump's Event in the State  (Read 6038 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Do you really think that there are enough MAGA voters to help Trump win a national election? Let me help you, there isn't.

Victory will come from a coalition including MAGA and working class Trump Independents and Democrats.

As to my question about where "connservatives" will find the voters to rebuild:  if they lose in the Republican Party, they no longer have a meaningful base.

I've been saying for years rather than preach, denigrate and wait for total collapse, "conservatives" would be wise to hold their own Council of Trent to unravel why they repel voters ---- and, hopefully, find a remedy.

Online roamer_1

Rebuild?  Where are your voters going to come from?

The thing with populists... A mile wide, but an inch deep - They always go running off to the new shiny thing. Don't be amazed when you find out your true believers are few.

Online roamer_1

Victory will come from a coalition including MAGA and working class Trump Independents and Democrats.

As to my question about where "connservatives" will find the voters to rebuild:  if they lose in the Republican Party, they no longer have a meaningful base.

I've been saying for years rather than preach, denigrate and wait for total collapse, "conservatives" would be wise to hold their own Council of Trent to unravel why they repel voters ---- and, hopefully, find a remedy.

Go look. TEA far outweighed Tumpy. With far more success.

The thing with populists... A mile wide, but an inch deep - They always go running off to the new shiny thing. Don't be amazed when you find out your true believers are few.

Offline kevindavis007

Not enough.   

What about RDS supporters? Do you think they are going to vote for Trump?
What about the Independents? Do you think they are going to vote for Trump?
What about the Female voters? Do you think they are going to vote for Trump?
What about the College educated voters? Do you think they are going to vote for Trump?

You don't win elections by selecting a few groups. You win elections to GET EVERYONE to vote for you. Reagan would be a good example.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
That is very likely. Had he stayed out, he might have been a kingmaker the rest of his days.

Good point - he could have had a fantastic role as sort of the Kingmaker/elder.  He'd have become very popular within the party as a whole.  That would have been true regardless of whether the GOP nominee won or lost in 2024.

But if he loses in 2024 either in the primary or the general election...what's he got left?  A failed political movement that - protestations aside - is dependent entirely on his personal charisma.  He'll still be in a bunch of legal peril, and everyone in the GOP who isn't an ardent Trumper would blame him for the loss.

But his ego was just too damn big.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 06:49:27 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

:thumbsup:

Online LMAO

Not enough.   

What about RDS supporters? Do you think they are going to vote for Trump?
What about the Independents? Do you think they are going to vote for Trump?
What about the Female voters? Do you think they are going to vote for Trump?
What about the College educated voters? Do you think they are going to vote for Trump?

You don't win elections by selecting a few groups. You win elections to GET EVERYONE to vote for you. Reagan would be a good example.

The idea that there’s going to be all these Democrats and independents that are  going to make up the loss of conservatives and carry Trump over the finish line is a pipe dream that MAGAs have, but that’s not backed by history.

And the so-called Reagan Democrats have pretty much have all died off.

If polling is accurate, Trump’s  MAGA movement is the most unpopular group in this country. They’re hoping that the suffering gets so great under Biden, that those voters will have no choice but to vote for Donald Trump and that could happen, but why would you want to wish suffering upon your fellow Americans?

And I’m not claiming that Ron DeSantis would make a difference with any of these groups that you’ve listed. But we know for sure Donald Trump does not appeal to people outside his MAGA base
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 07:00:01 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Well, then it's damn near politically criminal that there wasn't leadership within the Tea Party with the courage to stay the course and fight instead of folding and disbanding.

Those Tea Party patriots waited for a leader with the courage and commitment to be their voice and fight for and with them.  They found him in Donald Trump.

I'll cut to the chase here:  I don't care that you don't believe this and consider it blasphemy.  I know MAGA much better than do you.

Online roamer_1

If polling is accurate, Trump’s  MAGA movement is the most unpopular group in this country. They’re hoping that the suffering gets so great under Biden, that those voters will have no choice but to vote for Donald Trump and that could happen, but why would you want to wish suffering upon your fellow Americans?

The sad part is, from the Left, they look like conservatives... Just like from the left, the moderate wing NEOCONs look like conservatives.

When they dissipate, as they always do, we'll get to take the blame.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online roamer_1

Well, then it's damn near politically criminal that there wasn't leadership within the Tea Party with the courage to stay the course and fight instead of folding and disbanding.

There was. His name was Cruz.
And they haven't folded or disbanded. I still have regular meetings - Albeit every few months now - It's all still there... Waiting.

Those Tea Party patriots waited for a leader with the courage and commitment to be their voice and fight for and with them.  They found him in Donald Trump.

Nothing really fits here except:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! hee... heee... BWWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Heh... hee hee, heh... snicker.. snort!

That's a knee-slapper there. Taxed Enough Already = A fiscal centered small government movement straight out of the Libertarians found a savior in Tumpy.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'll cut to the chase here:  I don't care that you don't believe this and consider it blasphemy.  I know MAGA much better than do you.

Riiiight.  :silly:

Online Hoodat

I know MAGA much better than do you.

Do you know the MAGA voters who recognize that Donald Trump is not the candidate who will make America great again?  I certainly could have done without all the cash payouts during Covid, the elimination of property rights of those renting property, a free pass on paying back student loans, and hearing Dr. Fauci every day filling the airwaves with lies as he continued making the highest salary in government with impunity after all the laws he broke.  MAGA?  You don't know jack.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

Oh, and yeah... What happened was damn near criminal.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online Hoodat

This would be the same Donald Trump who whipped out his checkbook in 2014 and stroked a big fat one with lots of zeroes to Swamp Rat Mitch McConnell to defeat his TEA Party opponent.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Lighten up.   :laugh:

You've cornered the marker on Trump Bias.  Your 365/24/7 Trump love is the absolute of predictable.  Still wish I knew how much you are getting paid, for this level of consistence.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

MAGA is Baby Bonuses, Freedom Cities, and Jetson Cars?  Dang that MAGA budgetary train sure got off track didn't it?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

^^^ This
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Kamaji

You've cornered the marker on Trump Bias.  Your 365/24/7 Trump love is the absolute of predictable.  Still wish I knew how much you are getting paid, for this level of consistence.

:thumbsup:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

But they don't "repel voters".  Conservatives have won in a bunch of places.  And if we ran a real conservative now, going up against Dementia Joe, we'd likely not only win the White House, but take Congress as well.

Instead, we may have Trump.

Online LMAO

But they don't "repel voters".  Conservatives have won in a bunch of places.  And if we ran a real conservative now, going up against Dementia Joe, we'd likely not only win the White House, but take Congress as well.

Instead, we may have Trump.

Well, Desantis did carry the blue areas of Florida after 4 years of conservative leadership and results, despite Trump's claim of a failed state under that conservative leadership, so maybe the MAGA claim of repelling voters is BS. :shrug:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

So maybe the MAGA claim of repelling voters is BS.

This wasn't a MAGA claim, this was my personal opinion, and expressed as such @LMAO   You intentionally lie, making you a man who cannot be trusted,  an abject disgrace.   **nononono*

Online LMAO

This wasn't a MAGA claim, this was my personal opinion, and expressed as such @LMAO   You intentionally lie, making you a man who cannot be trusted,  an abject disgrace.   **nononono*

Well, you consider yourself MAGA, you made the claim, so, you intentionally lie, making you a woman who cannot be trusted, an abject disgrace wink777

But I must have hit quite the nerve. Well, they do say the flak gets worse when you're over the target happy77

BTW, conservative is with one "N." if you don't know what conservatism is and who conservatives are, at least have the courtesy to spell it right
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 04:18:32 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Hoodat

Well, you consider yourself MAGA, you made the claim, so, you intentionally lie, making you a woman who cannot be trusted, an abject disgrace wink777

The irony is off the chart.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

More to the point, I wonder which eternal truth we stand upon - setting aside the abject lunacy of ignoring the outcome of setting aside truth - But which principle things @Right_in_Virginia  thinks we should reject in order for people to like us more... Being as it is her personal opinion...

And why, by the way, we should fold in order to appeal to the masses in the first place... Some feller sometime said the road to hell is straight and wide... Just how far down that particular freeway shall we go before she would be comfortable with looking for an exit ramp?

Offline kevindavis007

The idea that there’s going to be all these Democrats and independents that are  going to make up the loss of conservatives and carry Trump over the finish line is a pipe dream that MAGAs have, but that’s not backed by history.

And the so-called Reagan Democrats have pretty much have all died off.

And I’m not claiming that Ron DeSantis would make a difference with any of these groups that you’ve listed. But we know for sure Donald Trump does not appeal to people outside his MAGA base

Also if MAGA was really popular, Dr Oz would be a Senator along with Walker and Masters. Also, Kari Lake would be Gov. Instead they lost and GOP underperformed in 2022 big time.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/