Author Topic: DeSantis in Iowa Warns of GOP ‘Culture of Losing' as Weather Sidelines Trump's Event in the State  (Read 6040 times)

Offline libertybele

DeSantis in Iowa Warns of GOP ‘Culture of Losing' as Weather Sidelines Trump's Event in the State DeSantis in Iowa Warns of GOP ‘Culture of Losing' as Weather Sidelines Trump's Event in the State

Warning of a Republican “culture of losing,” Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis sought Saturday to weaken former President Donald Trump's grip on the GOP as he courted voters in battleground Iowa.

DeSantis, expected to announce his 2024 presidential campaign any day, briefly flipped burgers and pork chops at a picnic fundraiser in Sioux Center that drew hundred conservatives to the northwest corner of the state. At the podium, he highlighted his willingness to embrace conservative cultural fights and sprinkled his remarks with indirect jabs at Trump.

“Governing is not about entertaining. Governing is not about building a brand or talking on social media and virtue signaling,” said DeSantis, who wore a blue button-down shirt without a tie or jacket. “It’s ultimately about winning and producing results.”

Trump, a candidate since November, had hoped to demonstrate his political strength with a large outdoor rally in Des Moines, the capital, later in the day, but he canceled the event due to a tornado warning.

Voters in the state are sizing up DeSantis and Trump, two Republican powerhouses who are among a half dozen GOP candidates already in the race or expected to announce imminently. Trump is well ahead of his rivals in early national polls, while DeSantis is viewed widely as the strongest potential challenger.

Trump was hoping to return to the comfort of the campaign stage after a tumultuous week..........

................DeSantis has burnished his reputation as a conservative governor willing to push hard for conservative policies and even take on a political fight with Disney, which he highlighted in Sioux Center. But so far, he hasn't shown the same zest for taking on Trump, who has been almost singularly focused on tearing down DeSantis for months.

On Saturday, DeSantis avoided Trump's legal entanglements or his falsehoods about the 2020 election, but he highlighted the GOP’s recent string of electoral losses. He did not say it explicitly, but the Republican Party has struggled in every national election since Trump's 2016 victory. ....................

https://apnews.com/article/trump-desantis-iowa-2024-c2d56a9fec898b90614864904fc1bedb

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Every time DeSantis speaks in public, he loses another swath of MAGA voters -- for life.

This is beginning to please me.    happy77

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Meatball Ron will only appeal to those who have already decided to not vote for Trump in the GOP Primary.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Meatball Ron will only appeal to those who have already decided to not vote for Trump in the GOP Primary.

Ummm

« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 11:03:55 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mountaineer

Why the nickname "Meatball"?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

Maybe

And Trump doesn't appeal to anyone outside his MAGA base so good bye 2024, at least on the presidential level

MAGAs won't vote for RDS and conservatives won't vote for Trump
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 11:37:32 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

DeSantis gets things done.  Trump only feeds his own ego.  Who you gonna vote for, someone who gets things done, or someone who failed the last time he was president?

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Offline GtHawk

DeSantis gets things done.  Trump only feeds his own ego.  Who you gonna vote for, someone who gets things done, or someone who failed the last time he was president?

But...but...Trump was cheated so we just has to support him because it's owed to him, you know just like when Hitlary whined because it was supposed to be her turn? We are not even supposed to listen to any other CONSERVATIVE because they are just liars, cheats, ingrates, fill in the blank, the fear is that great from Trump supporters. Personally I want to hear from everyone and there should be debates between them, if Trump has the best ideas he should have no trouble proving that in a debate. I don't care what anybody thinks someone is owed, being owed is something liberals say, the nomination for the Presidency needs to be earned every damn time.

An Italian slur?

That's number 3 on the list of top guesses, although not defined further.
#2 is short and pudgy
#1 is stupid, dull

And, no, Trump doesn't refer to Ron as "meatball" ---- although the same cannot be said of meme world.  Trump's sticking with DeSanctimonious.

Offline GtHawk

That's number 3 on the list of top guesses, although not defined further.
#2 is short and pudgy
#1 is stupid, dull

And, no, Trump doesn't refer to Ron as "meatball" ---- although the same cannot be said of meme world.  Trump's sticking with DeSanctimonious.

Yeah pretty tired of Trump's childish name calling on the political level he is on, but hey I guess his supporters eat up that level of maturity.

Yeah pretty tired of Trump's childish name calling on the political level he is on

Wow, I'm surprised to hear this ----- you've hidden it so well until now.  88devil

Offline GtHawk

Wow, I'm surprised to hear this ----- you've hidden it so well until now.  88devil
Yeah, almost but not quite as well as your bias  :yowsa:

Yeah, almost but not quite as well as your bias

Lighten up.   :laugh:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
DeSantis in Iowa Warns of GOP ‘Culture of Losing' as Weather Sidelines Trump's Event in the State DeSantis in Iowa Warns of GOP ‘Culture of Losing' as Weather Sidelines Trump's Event in the State

“Governing is not about entertaining. Governing is not about building a brand or talking on social media and virtue signaling,” said DeSantis, who wore a blue button-down shirt without a tie or jacket. “It’s ultimately about winning and producing results.”

That has to be DeSantis' message, and he's got to hammer it home.  One of the things they're going to have to go after at some point is the massive disconnect between Trump's own claims of "I only hire the best people", and all the people Trump himself has trashed after he himself put them in his Administration.  The theme has to be that Trump is a big talker who doesn't really deliver.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Every time DeSantis speaks in public, he loses another swath of MAGA voters -- for life.

This is beginning to please me.    happy77

You seem to inhabit the same fantasy dimension as Karine Jean-Pierre.
The Republic is lost.

Offline GtHawk

You seem to inhabit the same fantasy dimension as Karine Jean-Pierre.
Apparently she is connected to every MAGA voter in America and they speak every day :silly: I don't think she has any idea of how many people, and yes MAGA voters, are tired of Trump's BS schtick. My 91 year old mother who escaped communism voted for Trump twice and was on board to vote for him again is now telling me how much she is impressed with DeSantis and how much she likes him. It's funny what happens when there are viable alternatives to Trump :pondering:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Why the nickname "Meatball"?

Because he's Italian, right?  See how clever that is?  I'm sure they'd start calling Tim Scott "Watermelon" if he started to gain ground.

Ha-ha.  Those MAGA folks are just so funny, aren't they? 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Maybe

And Trump doesn't appeal to anyone outside his MAGA base so good bye 2024, at least on the presidential level

MAGAs won't vote for RDS and conservatives won't vote for Trump

I think that's probably right.  Fortunately, that means Trump will be an irrelevancy after the election, which means we'll have a shot at rebuilding actual conservativism without that nasty orange stain.

Offline Kamaji

Because he's Italian, right?  See how clever that is?  I'm sure they'd start calling Tim Scott "Watermelon" if he started to gain ground.

Ha-ha.  Those MAGA folks are just so funny, aren't they? 

I think that's probably right.  Fortunately, that means Trump will be an irrelevancy after the election, which means we'll have a shot at rebuilding actual conservativism without that nasty orange stain.

:thumbsup:

Online roamer_1

That is very likely. Had he stayed out, he might have been a kingmaker the rest of his days.

Offline Kamaji

That is very likely. Had he stayed out, he might have been a kingmaker the rest of his days.

Would have been much more likely.

Rebuild?  Where are your voters going to come from?

Offline kevindavis007

Rebuild?  Where are your voters going to come from?

Do you really think that there are enough MAGA voters to help Trump win a national election? Let me help you, there isn't.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/