Author Topic: DeSantis in Iowa Warns of GOP ‘Culture of Losing' as Weather Sidelines Trump's Event in the State  (Read 6134 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
There is at least one republican who has been taking positive steps towards reforming his state's election process:  DeSantis.

Exactly right.  That's certainly one of the reason he went from barely winning in 2018 (with Trump's endorsement), to winning by the largest margin ever in 2022 (without Trump's support).

The way Trump handled Covid gave the Democrats the ability to make so many exceptions to normal voting procedures.  He let Fauci and others out there to tell people it was unsafe to be in groups, which some courts used to justify those alterations.  Had Trump actually used his authority as President and the bully pulpit to return this country to normalcy faster, he might have actually won that election instead of just whining that it was stolen from him.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 04:53:39 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

The way Trump handled Covid gave the Democrats the ability to make so many exceptions to normal voting procedures.  He let Fauci and others out there to tell people it was unsafe to be in groups, which some courts used to justify those alterations.  Had Trump actually used his authority as President and the bully pulpit to return this country to normalcy faster, he might have actually won that election instead of just whining that it was stolen from him.

Agreed.

Offline libertybele

Trumpsters @libertybele ???  What's your opinion on this?   :laugh:

So what other name should I give someone who idolizes Trump @Right_in_Virginia ?? Trump supporter??  Trump voter??  Trump idolizer?  Trumpster is easy to type, a generalization of a group, with certainly no disrespect meant. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

So what other name should I give someone who idolizes Trump @Right_in_Virginia ?? Trump supporter??  Trump voter??  Trump idolizer?  Trumpster is easy to type, a generalization of a group, with certainly no disrespect meant.

"Trumpsters", or "Trumpers", or anything like that is simply a shorthand for saying "Trump's supporters"

"DeSantards" is a portmanteau of "DeSantis" and "retards".   Not exactly the same thing....

Offline GrouchoTex

Do you really think that there are enough MAGA voters to help Trump win a national election? Let me help you, there isn't.

True, but I am not sure anyone wins without them, and vice-versa.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
"Trumpsters", or "Trumpers", or anything like that is simply a shorthand for saying "Trump's supporters"

"DeSantards" is a portmanteau of "DeSantis" and "retards".   Not exactly the same thing....

From Little Marco, to Lyin' Ted, to DeSanctimonius......   Trump has nothing in his aresnal but petty insults, catchy lock 'em up memes, phony red hats,  and most of all no substance to the man or his message.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

True, but I am not sure anyone wins without them, and vice-versa.

That is likely true.  And while the loudest of the bunch likely will follow along with threats not to vote for anyone else, I don't think everyone who leans Trump in the primary feels the same.  A lot of those folks will end up voting for whomever wins the GOP primary as long as it isn't a Liz Cheney type.

Offline Kamaji

Exactly.

If we want parity of insults, we'd have to go with something like bleep.  But I, for one, won't.

Online roamer_1

From Little Marco, to Lyin' Ted, to DeSanctimonius......   Trump has nothing in his aresnal but petty insults, catchy lock 'em up memes, phony red hats,  and most of all no substance to the man or his message.

You forgot stolen slogans...  :whistle:

Online Right_in_Virginia

Only someone with no idea of how male group dynamics actually work would think that DeSantis would be on the receiving end of that.

Claims a man who's panicked by a tweet.   :laugh:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Claims a man who's panicked by a tweet.   :laugh:

Sister, I've been on the receiving end of crap much worse than you'd imagine, and I don't "panic" over anything, much less a stupid tweet.

That being said, I have no issue with taking something like that tweet and using it as an opportunity to slam your old, fat, pasty idol.

Offline Kamaji

Sister, I've been on the receiving end of crap much worse than you'd imagine, and I don't "panic" over anything, much less a stupid tweet.

That being said, I have no issue with taking something like that tweet and using it as an opportunity to slam your old, fat, pasty idol.

:mauslaff:

Online Right_in_Virginia

Sister, I've been on the receiving end of crap much worse than you'd imagine,

And yet you faint reading a tweet.  :shrug:

Offline libertybele

And yet you faint reading a tweet.  :shrug:

????? Faint reading a tweet??  Seriously?  Such petty and false accusations @Right_in_Virginia   :silly:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Right_in_Virginia

????? Faint reading a tweet??  Seriously?  Such petty and false accusations @Right_in_Virginia   

No it's not.  Go back and count the threads and relive the angst filled posts on Trump's mean tweets before you jump in with nonsense @libertybele

« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 09:55:38 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline libertybele

No it's not.  Go back and count the threads and relive the angst filled posts on Trump's mean tweets before you jump in with onsense @libertybele

I'm too busy right now @Right_in_Virginia  reading all the mean tweets and false accusations that you keep posting about Trump's angst against DeSantis.

Online Right_in_Virginia

I'm too busy right now @Right_in_Virginia  reading all the mean tweets and false accusations that you keep posting about Trump's angst against DeSantis.

Give it a damn rest @libertybele

Offline libertybele

Online Right_in_Virginia

Ditto @Right_in_Virginia  - give it a damn rest!

Are you capable of thinking for yourself, ever?

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Considering you are a squawking parrot for the El Trumpo talking points, I find that rather rich.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Kamaji

:mauslaff:

Again, covering up a lack of argument with personal insults.  How very childish, but par for the course here.

@libertybele is quite capable of thinking for herself, as she has demonstrated on numerous occasions.

The question would be better addressed to you, given the degree to which you just parrot Trumps statements, without regard to their truth or falsity.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 10:27:36 pm by Kamaji »

Offline libertybele

Just slinging your mud right back at ya.  :laugh:

Online roamer_1

No it's not.  Go back and count the threads and relive the angst filled posts on Trump's mean tweets before you jump in with nonsense @libertybele

Angst?
It's not angst.
Disgust, maybe...