Author Topic: DeSantis fundraises for Daniel Penny, who faces manslaughter charges in Jordan Neely death  (Read 412 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DeSantis fundraises for Daniel Penny, who faces manslaughter charges in Jordan Neely death
Story by Chris Pandolfo • 1h ago

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is fundraising for New York City Marine veteran Daniel Penny, who faces criminal charges for the death of Jordan Neely, a homeless man who witnesses and prosecutors say had been "making threats and scaring people" on the subway.

Penny, 24, was arraigned in Manhattan Criminal Court Friday and faces charges of second-degree manslaughter after he put Neely in a fatal chokehold. Lawyers for the defense argue Penny acted to protect himself and other passengers who were being threatened.

DeSantis on Friday shared a fundraiser for Penny's legal defense, calling him a "Good Samaritan" and criticizing Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg as a "pro-criminal" and "Soros-Funded" prosecutor.

"We must defeat the Soros-Funded DAs, stop the Left's pro-criminal agenda, and take back the streets for law abiding citizens. We stand with Good Samaritans like Daniel Penny. Let’s show this Marine... America’s got his back," DeSantis tweeted.

He tweet linked to a GiveSendGo page set up by Raiser & Kenniff, P.C., the law firm representing Penny.''

"Funds are being raised to pay Mr. Penny’s legal fees incurred from any criminal charges filed and any future civil lawsuits that may arise, as well as expenses related to his defense," the fundraiser description reads. "All contributions are greatly appreciated. Any proceeds collected which exceed those necessary to cover Mr. Penny’s legal defense will be donated to a mental health advocacy program in New York City."

The GiveSendGo campaign raised $853,213 at time of publication, with more than 18,000 donors.

more
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/desantis-fundraises-for-daniel-penny-who-faces-manslaughter-charges-in-jordan-neely-death/ar-AA1b8CYm
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online libertybele

:bkmk:  DeSantis is again sticking his neck out for what he believes is right. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

https://www.givesendgo.com/daniel_penny

over 1m raised..and he will need it!

Will it be enough ? Should it go to a jury, it’ll be a New York City jury.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘America’s got his back’: Defense fund for Marine vet charged in NYC tops $1M with boost from DeSantis
May 14, 2023 | Kevin Haggerty

Americans pitched in their support to “stop the Left’s pro-criminal agenda” by lifting the legal defense fund for U.S. Marine Corps vet Daniel Penny to a new seven-figure milestone while those who know him best spoke out against his persecution.

Charged with second-degree manslaughter for the May 1 death of Jordan Neely on a New York City subway, corporate media has vilified Penny while portraying the decedent as little more than a hapless bystander to self-righteous vigilantism. While the veteran’s fate remains up to the justice system, family and friends spoke with the New York Post about how the Marine “who could always be counted on” was being “railroaded.”

“It’s disgusting. Here’s a young man who served our country. What about the other two gentlemen on the subway who were helping him [restrain Neely]? They haven’t even been named,” Penny’s cousin, Justine Baldwin, told the Post.

“He was always there for his family and his sisters, especially,” she noted of the 24-year-old who was raised with three sisters in West Islip, New York. “Danny has always been calm, he comes from a calm family.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/05/14/americas-got-his-back-defense-fund-for-marine-vet-charged-in-nyc-tops-1m-with-boost-from-desantis-1358863/
Support the USO

Offline PeteS in CA

When thugs-in-suits like Bragg attack law-abiding citizens who defend themselves and other instead of real criminal who attack normal people, America needs to fight the thugs-in-suits.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 14, 2023
Daniel Penny’s legal defense fund closing in on $1.5 million
By Thomas Lifson

As of this writing (5:23 AM EDT), the legal defense fund established at GiveSendGo.com is a few thousand dollars short of $1.5 million, at $1,473,253. I am afraid that the hero Marine will need every penny and more if he is to beat this awful manslaughter rap for saving fellow subway passengers from a deranged man with a history of violent assaults on strangers.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/05/daniel_pennys_legal_defense_fund_closing_in_on_15_million.html
Support the USO

Online roamer_1

I like that. I really, really do.  :beer:

It would be easy to ignore the whole thing and not take the political chance.
But he is out there, drawing hard lines.

Online roamer_1

When thugs-in-suits like Bragg attack law-abiding citizens who defend themselves and other instead of real criminal who attack normal people, America needs to fight the thugs-in-suits.

'Fight' is too mild a word, perhaps.

:beer:

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup: