Author Topic: Ukraine 4  (Read 224515 times)

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Ukraine 4
« Reply #2350 on: February 27, 2024, 02:44:06 am »
America doesn't need to be isolationist.

Put Americans' needs first.  Secure our damn Border first, then we can worry about protecting other nations' borders.

Stop taking it up the @$$ from the United Nations, World Trade Organization, World Health Organization, World Bank, International Monetary Fund, World Economic Forum, OPEC, Chinese Communist Party, Saudi Arabia, etc.

America should have reciprocal trade practices with its trading partners.  If E.U. sticks it to US Tech Companies, stick it back to E.U. Tech.

Migrate, diversify, and secure some of our supply chains from the Eastern Hemisphere to the West Hemisphere.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2351 on: February 27, 2024, 02:48:10 am »
I believe the point was that Vindman, et al.,seem to have lied to Congress (not "to the world") when they said the CIA wasn't involved in building spy bases in Ukraine. Federal employees aren't supposed to lie to Congress.That Russia also spies on people is irrelevant and not the point.

I believe you are EXACTLY right @mountaineer
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DB

« Reply #2352 on: February 27, 2024, 01:26:06 pm »
I believe the point was that Vindman, et al.,seem to have lied to Congress (not "to the world") when they said the CIA wasn't involved in building spy bases in Ukraine. Federal employees aren't supposed to lie to Congress.That Russia also spies on people is irrelevant and not the point.

I disagree.

The larger point was an attempt at justifying Putin's invasion of Ukraine where large numbers of people have died as a result. That excuse is an excuse to walk away from it all. That's a larger deal than liars lying to congress. It was already a given they lied.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2353 on: February 27, 2024, 03:26:39 pm »
I disagree.

The larger point was an attempt at justifying Putin's invasion of Ukraine where large numbers of people have died as a result. That excuse is an excuse to walk away from it all. That's a larger deal than liars lying to congress. It was already a given they lied.

I tolerated much from those who worked for me during my working life but the one sure fire way to get fired was to lie to me. Never tolerated that and never will. My government employees in particular.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2354 on: February 27, 2024, 04:01:21 pm »
More about what Ukraine is doing with the aid it is receiving:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAPQU9zNKWc
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DB

« Reply #2355 on: February 27, 2024, 07:02:56 pm »
I tolerated much from those who worked for me during my working life but the one sure fire way to get fired was to lie to me. Never tolerated that and never will. My government employees in particular.

I totally understand that. Get caught in a lie, particularly one of consequence and you'll play hell earning my trust back again. Honorable people don't lie. Honorable people do make mistakes, but a purposeful lie is something else altogether. And that is one thing that will put me on the war path... I also have no interest interacting with dishonorable people, there's no trust.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2356 on: February 27, 2024, 07:36:53 pm »
I totally understand that. Get caught in a lie, particularly one of consequence and you'll play hell earning my trust back again. Honorable people don't lie. Honorable people do make mistakes, but a purposeful lie is something else altogether. And that is one thing that will put me on the war path... I also have no interest interacting with dishonorable people, there's no trust.
Conversely, I have found that if there is a problem, and you had anything to do with it or it falls under your purview, stating the problem, owning it, and coming up with a solution, promptly, will get you a lot of respect, and likely keep your employment as well. Those who hide the problem or try to blame others don't last long once it gets sorted.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2357 on: February 27, 2024, 10:47:34 pm »
Conversely, I have found that if there is a problem, and you had anything to do with it or it falls under your purview, stating the problem, owning it, and coming up with a solution, promptly, will get you a lot of respect, and likely keep your employment as well. Those who hide the problem or try to blame others don't last long once it gets sorted.

:amen:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2358 on: February 27, 2024, 10:48:43 pm »

888high58888 :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2360 on: February 28, 2024, 12:15:29 pm »
Olga Bazova
@OlgaBazova
US Republicans support negotiations between Ukraine and Russia - Politico

▪️ “The reality we face at the moment is that [the conflict] ends in a negotiated settlement,” said Florida Senator Marco Rubio. The only question is whether the Ukrainian or Russian side “will have more leverage” when the world comes to understand this.
▪️Ohio Senator J.D. Vance believes there is a “probably indefinite stalemate.” The politician hoped that “this will lead to some kind of settlement in which Ukraine will be able to save its country and the killings will stop.”
▪️As Politico notes, a few months ago such a position was not popular, but now the situation has changed, as the chances of Ukraine winning are considered by many to be low. In addition, not all members of the Republican Party are in favor of providing it with further assistance, but some still call for support from Kiev.

Putin is using the entire US Senate GOP as a weapon.
3:18 AM · Feb 28, 2024
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #2361 on: February 28, 2024, 02:04:41 pm »
Olga Bazova
@OlgaBazova
US Republicans support negotiations between Ukraine and Russia - Politico

▪️ “The reality we face at the moment is that [the conflict] ends in a negotiated settlement,” said Florida Senator Marco Rubio. The only question is whether the Ukrainian or Russian side “will have more leverage” when the world comes to understand this.
▪️Ohio Senator J.D. Vance believes there is a “probably indefinite stalemate.” The politician hoped that “this will lead to some kind of settlement in which Ukraine will be able to save its country and the killings will stop.”
▪️As Politico notes, a few months ago such a position was not popular, but now the situation has changed, as the chances of Ukraine winning are considered by many to be low. In addition, not all members of the Republican Party are in favor of providing it with further assistance, but some still call for support from Kiev.

Putin is using the entire US Senate GOP as a weapon.
3:18 AM · Feb 28, 2024

How can Zelensky be expected to negotiate with a bad faith liar like Vladimir Putin who has never kept his word about anything?

Vance is a moron.  The various euphemisms thrown about like "settlement" and "peace deal" amount to forcing surrender by Ukraine and a Russian victory.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #2362 on: February 28, 2024, 04:13:45 pm »
This is a surprise... NOT! Russia is not stopping at Ukraine folks and trust me Russia will try to attack the Baltic countries even though they are part of NATO.

@visegrad24
BREAKING:

Transnistria officially calls on Russia to come to its aid amid “economic pressure” from Moldova

The breakaway republic organized a “congress of deputies of all levels" for the first time in 18 years to vote on it.

Time to re-establish Moldova’s territorial integrity

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1762864708082675882
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #2363 on: February 28, 2024, 04:19:22 pm »
How can Zelensky be expected to negotiate with a bad faith liar like Vladimir Putin who has never kept his word about anything?

Vance is a moron.  The various euphemisms thrown about like "settlement" and "peace deal" amount to forcing surrender by Ukraine and a Russian victory.

Why I hate today's GOP.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #2364 on: February 28, 2024, 04:32:07 pm »

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2365 on: February 28, 2024, 05:31:26 pm »
Krasnoyarsk is about 2,500 straight-line miles from Ukraine.

Moldova, Poland, Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania are all Putin targets, though Ukraine is, ummm, complicating those desires.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #2366 on: February 28, 2024, 08:09:26 pm »
Krasnoyarsk is about 2,500 straight-line miles from Ukraine.

Moldova, Poland, Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania are all Putin targets, though Ukraine is, ummm, complicating those desires.

That is why we need to help Ukraine

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2367 on: February 28, 2024, 08:35:37 pm »
Are you willing to sacrifice your sons and daughters for Ukraine?

William Tecumseh Sherman would.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #2368 on: February 28, 2024, 08:39:45 pm »

Better to support the Ukrainians NOW and let them do the fighting themselves rather than sacrificing our sons and daughters LATER when Putin finally goes after NATO in the Baltics or Poland.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline DB

« Reply #2369 on: February 28, 2024, 09:44:53 pm »

Strawman. No one is asking for that other than some rare fringe nut. Russia needs to be stopped by people already willing to fight and die to stop them. Ukrainians. They've lived under Russia's thumb and would rather die than do it again. So arm the hell out of them and let them force Russia back into Russa. By letting Russia gobble up its neighbors at some point we will be forced to send our sons and daughters to contain them. Spend the resources now to prevent that in the future. There are numerous lessens in history that we don't have to repeat.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2370 on: February 28, 2024, 10:18:02 pm »
You would think we'd learn...

Ukraine gave up its nukes in exchange for a promise they'd be unmolested.

We see how that worked out.

When Stalin was in power, the Holodomor starved millions of Ukrainians when the Russians removed their grain harvest, even the seed grain, by force and took it back to Moscow to save the regime embarrassment, but also to feed (real) Russians. All this BS about Ukraine being part of Russia is just that.

Enough "Peace in our time" type concessions. You'd think that lesson was learned in the 1930s.

Send the Ukrainians what equipment they need to win.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 10:20:11 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

« Reply #2371 on: February 28, 2024, 11:00:04 pm »

When Stalin was in power, the Holodomor starved millions of Ukrainians when the Russians removed their grain harvest, even the seed grain, by force and took it back to Moscow to save the regime embarrassment, but also to feed (real) Russians. All this BS about Ukraine being part of Russia is just that.

Enough "Peace in our time" type concessions. You'd think that lesson was learned in the 1930s.

Not a single thing I can argue with! Great post.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #2372 on: February 28, 2024, 11:02:36 pm »
Better to support the Ukrainians NOW and let them do the fighting themselves rather than sacrificing our sons and daughters LATER when Putin finally goes after NATO in the Baltics or Poland.

or Alaska.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #2373 on: February 28, 2024, 11:05:18 pm »

Who is asking that we send troops to fight for Ukraine? 

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #2374 on: February 28, 2024, 11:06:11 pm »

:amen: