Author Topic: Ukraine 4  (Read 218049 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Ukraine 4
« Reply #2100 on: December 29, 2023, 12:57:20 pm »
Thousands of troops remain deployed in response to Ukraine war

NavyTimes By Meghann Myers 12/16/2023

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-military/2023/12/26/thousands-of-troops-remain-deployed-in-response-to-ukraine-war/

In early 2022, the Defense Department activated roughly 20,000 troops in Europe to support NATO as Russia invaded Ukraine. Going into 2024, troops are still on rotating deployments for that mission.

Deployed personnel include those from brigade combat teams in Romania and Poland. There are also plans to increase the Navy’s presence in Rota, Spain, a Pentagon spokesman told Military Times.

“Given the current security environment, there are no immediate plans to reduce these forces,” Army Maj. Charlie Dietz said.

Without a separate named operation, the increased rotations have been absorbed into the larger Operation Atlantic Resolve, which has been sending rotations into Europe since Russia invaded the Crimea region of Ukraine in 2014.

“Over the past two years, the United States has made strategic decisions to enhance our military presence and capabilities,” Dietz said. “This includes an increase in NATO exercises and supportive operations with various allies and partners. Currently, there are no plans for a surge in additional capabilities, as our assessment indicates that we have appropriately sized and deployed forces.”

In addition to partnering with allies in the Baltics, Poland and Hungary, U.S. troops have set up a long-term assistance command in Germany to help coordinate rotations of training with Ukrainian troops.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2101 on: December 30, 2023, 07:37:20 pm »
OSINTdefender
@sentdefender

Russia has called for an Emergency Meeting of the U.N. Security Council today to discuss the “Ukrainian Attack” launched against the City of Belgorod which they claim was caused by Britain and the United States’s support for Ukraine; they further requested that the Representative from Czechia attend the Meeting due to their claim that Czech Rockets were used in the Attack, however the Representative has Refused stating that they will only attend a Meeting to discuss Russian Forces leaving Ukraine.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2102 on: December 30, 2023, 07:40:20 pm »
WORLD AT WAR
@World_At_War_6

Ukraine is tired of Russia attacking civilian targets in Ukraine. It will lead to Russian cities and infrastructure becoming legitimate targets.

This will lead to an escalation!

Ukraine has deliberately chosen not to attack certain targets in Russia to avoid an escalation. That barrier is gone now.

Bad things coming 🔥

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2103 on: December 30, 2023, 07:40:35 pm »
OSINTdefender
@sentdefender

Russia has called for an Emergency Meeting of the U.N. Security Council today to discuss the “Ukrainian Attack” launched against the City of Belgorod which they claim was caused by Britain and the United States’s support for Ukraine; they further requested that the Representative from Czechia attend the Meeting due to their claim that Czech Rockets were used in the Attack, however the Representative has Refused stating that they will only attend a Meeting to discuss Russian Forces leaving Ukraine.

Good.  Ukraine made an impact on Russia.  Putin got butt-hurt.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2104 on: December 30, 2023, 07:43:09 pm »
OSINTdefender
@sentdefender

Several Explosions have Rocked the City of Belgorod in Western Russia today causing the Death of 10 Civilains and the Injury of at least 45 others, a Movie Theater, Skating Rink, Christmas Market, as well as a number of other Buildings were Damage by the Explosions with the Cause still being Debated; the Russian Ministry of Defense has claimed that the Explosions were caused by a Ukrainian Attack using Czech-Made MLRS Rockets, while Ukrainian Sources have claiming that they were caused by S-300 Air Defense Missiles used by the Russian Armed Forces which either Malfunctioned or Intentional were used to Strike the City.

https://twitter.com/sentdefender/status/1741165520852844787

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2106 on: December 30, 2023, 11:11:57 pm »
WORLD AT WAR
@World_At_War_6

Ukraine is tired of Russia attacking civilian targets in Ukraine. It will lead to Russian cities and infrastructure becoming legitimate targets.

This will lead to an escalation!

Ukraine has deliberately chosen not to attack certain targets in Russia to avoid an escalation. That barrier is gone now.

Bad things coming 🔥

@Elderberry

I fear you are right,and I can only see two things that will stop it.

Number 1: Putin is removed from power and replaced with someone sane.

Number 2: Putin nukes Ukraine because his ego tells him he is the Master of the Universe,and setbacks and losses are beneath him.

I honestly  don't know enough about the "Russia of today" to even guess what will happen if Ukraine starts targetting Moscow with (NON-nuclear) missiles. I AM positive that Putin will respond like any other madman would respond and order a nuclear response to even a non-nuclear attack.

I SUSPECT there are sane people in senior Soviet leadership positions that would order him arrested if he ever gave such  an order,but that suspicion is based more on hope than reason because I honestly don't even know  enough to guess.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2107 on: December 30, 2023, 11:14:04 pm »
Good.  Ukraine made an impact on Russia.  Putin got butt-hurt.

@Hoodat

Personally,I would much prefer to see live video of him hanging by the neck  from the Kremlin walls,with the birds and maggots  feasting on the remains.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2108 on: December 30, 2023, 11:37:58 pm »
Russia's casualty toll in Ukraine war will top half a million dead or wounded by 2025, UK says after Putin's deadly missile barrage killed at least 39 civilians

DailyMail
By JAMES CALLERY
30 December 2023
  • Defence Secretary Grant Shapps compared the scale of death and injury to the nine-year Soviet-Afghan war
(more)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12912171/Russia-casualty-toll-ukraine-putin-missile-barrage.html
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2110 on: December 31, 2023, 08:09:59 am »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2111 on: December 31, 2023, 04:19:00 pm »
Russia's casualty toll in Ukraine war will top half a million dead or wounded by 2025, UK says after Putin's deadly missile barrage killed at least 39 civilians

DailyMail
By JAMES CALLERY
30 December 2023
  • Defence Secretary Grant Shapps compared the scale of death and injury to the nine-year Soviet-Afghan war
(more)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12912171/Russia-casualty-toll-ukraine-putin-missile-barrage.html

But I thought that Putin was a swell guy.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2112 on: January 01, 2024, 06:52:21 am »
Instead of 3 million rubles ($33000) for injury Russian conscript receives two buckets of carrots and a bag of onions

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2113 on: January 01, 2024, 01:52:38 pm »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #2114 on: January 01, 2024, 02:39:42 pm »
This is true:

https://twitter.com/kevindavis338/status/1741818559435563219

Yeah, that cartoon says it all.  I'm very disappointed with Republicans in general, and many Conservatives in particular, who have adopted a misguided mindset of appeasement and neo-isolationism, and have deluded themselves into believing that a Russian victory in Ukraine will have no adverse consequences for the U.S. in the years to come.  It seems that they have all forgotten their history about what happened in the 1930s and how it all led to World War II.

And I am particularly disgusted with those who have actually embraced Putin (like Tucker Carlson) and cheer him on while he robs and rapes Ukraine.  What happened to Republicans who once cherished ideas of fighting for freedom and liberty, wherever it may be?  What would Reagan say about the current state of the Republican Party?  Does anybody remember his Solidarity speech in 1982?

https://www.history.com/speeches/reagan-supports-polands-solidarity-movement
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #2115 on: January 01, 2024, 03:29:00 pm »
Yeah, that cartoon says it all.  I'm very disappointed with Republicans in general, and many Conservatives in particular, who have adopted a misguided mindset of appeasement and neo-isolationism, and have deluded themselves into believing that a Russian victory in Ukraine will have no adverse consequences for the U.S. in the years to come.  It seems that they have all forgotten their history about what happened in the 1930s and how it all led to World War II.

And I am particularly disgusted with those who have actually embraced Putin (like Tucker Carlson) and cheer him on while he robs and rapes Ukraine.  What happened to Republicans who once cherished ideas of fighting for freedom and liberty, wherever it may be?  What would Reagan say about the current state of the Republican Party?  Does anybody remember his Solidarity speech in 1982?

Well, I think it has to do with the following factors:

1. The Paleocons and the Ron Paul supporters have infiltrated the GOP
2. Sour Grapism, a lot of people in the GOP are upset that Joe Biden and other Democrats are trying to help Ukraine. This is where I happen to agree with Joe Biden and no I don't like him.
3. This fake charade that Putin is a good Christian cause of his anti-Gay policies

It seems that history is repeating. Back in WWII, our untouched homeland played a key role in victory. But in another war, that advantage won't exist. If Russia prevails, China's Taiwan ambitions and North Korea's aggression towards South Korea could explode, leaving us in a far more vulnerable position.

I'm disgusted by people like Tucker Carlson and other 'patriots' who cozied up to Putin. This pro-Putin sentiment within the GOP is a betrayal of Reagan's legacy of strong global leadership. Imagine how he'd spin in his grave seeing the party embrace neo-isolationism and appease a tyrant like Putin. We can't let them drag us back down that path. We need to stand united against aggression and push for diplomatic solutions, now, before it's too late.

Look, I hate to say it, but the pro-Putin voices getting louder just feel... suspiciously convenient. Maybe it's just me, but I can't help but wonder if some folks aren't getting a helping hand from Moscow. Either way, this appeasement can't stand. We need to stand firm against Russia and its puppets before it's too late.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2116 on: January 01, 2024, 05:37:49 pm »

@Timber Rattler

Thank you for saying this better than I could have.

I will only  add that I am more than disappointed. I am mad as hell. HERE is the our only chance to eliminate communist dictatorship  in the USSR,and our (alleged) leaders don't have the stones necessary to do it.

Hell,they don't even have the stones necessary to support the people who ARE doing it by contributing arms and ammunition.

Just think,if Communism were overthrown in Russia,the only Communists to exist would be in China,LA,Mn,or NYC.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2117 on: January 01, 2024, 05:39:50 pm »

Well, I think it has to do with the following factors:

1. The Paleocons and the Ron Paul supporters have infiltrated the GOP
2. Sour Grapism, a lot of people in the GOP are upset that Joe Biden and other Democrats are trying to help Ukraine. This is where I happen to agree with Joe Biden and no I don't like him.
3. This fake charade that Putin is a good Christian cause of his anti-Gay policies

There are actually US Citizens claiming that Putin is a Christian???????

That says more about them than it does Putin.

It seems that history is repeating. Back in WWII, our untouched homeland played a key role in victory. But in another war, that advantage won't exist. If Russia prevails, China's Taiwan ambitions and North Korea's aggression towards South Korea could explode, leaving us in a far more vulnerable position.

I'm disgusted by people like Tucker Carlson and other 'patriots' who cozied up to Putin. This pro-Putin sentiment within the GOP is a betrayal of Reagan's legacy of strong global leadership. Imagine how he'd spin in his grave seeing the party embrace neo-isolationism and appease a tyrant like Putin. We can't let them drag us back down that path. We need to stand united against aggression and push for diplomatic solutions, now, before it's too late.

Look, I hate to say it, but the pro-Putin voices getting louder just feel... suspiciously convenient. Maybe it's just me, but I can't help but wonder if some folks aren't getting a helping hand from Moscow. Either way, this appeasement can't stand. We need to stand firm against Russia and its puppets before it's too late.

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #2118 on: January 01, 2024, 06:10:13 pm »

Yeah, I noticed that too...it all feels like astroturf.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Offline Timber Rattler

« Reply #2119 on: January 01, 2024, 06:13:48 pm »

There are actually US Citizens claiming that Putin is a Christian???????

That says more about them than it does Putin.

Oh yeah, just check out any of the Ukraine War threads over at TOS, especially UMCRevMom's daily threads or SunkenCivs or Speed in Texas's, or any that I post.  Putin's cheerleading section there thinks that he's doing the Lord's work.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2120 on: January 01, 2024, 06:20:20 pm »
This is true:

Is KevinDavis338 any relation to KevinDavis007?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2121 on: January 01, 2024, 06:36:46 pm »
Oh yeah, just check out any of the Ukraine War threads over at TOS, especially UMCRevMom's daily threads or SunkenCivs or Speed in Texas's, or any that I post.  Putin's cheerleading section there thinks that he's doing the Lord's work.

@Timber Rattler

I'll take your word for it. Don't want to ruin my mood and end up with  a headache.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2122 on: January 04, 2024, 06:28:40 pm »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-